New PathPilot version

Thread: New PathPilot version

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New PathPilot version

Popsides,

If you haven't seen it yet they released a new version of PP today v2.4.2. I haven't installed it yet, but the release notes talk about improvements in start line functionality, this might help with your "run from here" issue.

Terry

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New PathPilot version

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    I had a strange intermittant tool offset error in V2.4.1 ... so today I installed V2.4.2 ...but it was still there.

I shut down and rebooted twice and then it seemed to clear...and has worked fine for the rest of the day.

Seems computers and software are not a lot more reliable than they were 20 years ago?

Cheers Cliff
    We need a new commodore 64

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    I had a strange intermittant tool offset error in V2.4.1 ... so today I installed V2.4.2 ...but it was still there.
    Perhaps completely unrelated but...
    I have been busy on another project (non-CNC) so 2.4.1 has seen very little use here. Yesterday I powered on and homed my 770, setup x/y/z with my Haimer, loaded a just created gcode file and noted that everything looked perfect in the preview except that the whole job was shifted by about an inch in both x/y. Carefully examined gcode coordinates on screen without seeing any problems. Reloaded gcode from disk and all was good. The job cut as planned.

Anyone else with random gremlins?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post

Anyone else with random gremlins?
    Hard to say for me. I see strange things now and then and mostly blame myself for the error. I think I had keens problem a few days back, but again I blamed myself for not double checking when I touch input on screen with finger. " I love touch screens but not a lot of feedback for user". I run programs almost every day on one machine or the other and find most all my errors in cad / cam or me in a bozo design error .
    That said, I do mostly one or 2 and done designs so its harder to spot control software issues.
    When your making same part all day and all of a sudden they are coming out wrong or an operation is running a stray it would be more straight forward to spot the error and zero in on control or what.
    Thinking about it! Last week on previous version, I made a big pile of custom t-track hardware for router on the mill and had no problems running 20 ea of 3 different part designs.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have noticed that the display on the screen is off if you change G54 after you load a file, and the screen re-centers itself when you re-load the file.
    I think this is a display issue -- the parts cut right even if I push "start" right when it loads. It might even be that G54 isn't yet in effect, and the display is showing the non-G54 location until that line is executed in the file.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody remember the I Robot book/movie where the professor talks about "the ghost in the machine" LoL
    Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI, I posted on the Tormach site regarding the DXF file handling. Every time the spindle lifted to a new shape the spindle and coolant were turned off, then restarted at the new location. Adds a lot of time for running the routine. Gedit has a global find and replace, so pretty easy to make the M5/M8 commands comments. But had to manually fix the last one at the end of the routine. Version 2.4.2 has that fix in, but there's a Beta version with some other corrections in place. Version 2.4.3 is on the way. Here's my last correspondence from John Freeborg at Tormach with the link to the Beta version.

Bruce

New PathPilot version-capture-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New PathPilot version-capture-jpg