Lower bearing noise solved for now

Thread: Lower bearing noise solved for now

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lower bearing noise solved for now

Hi all:
    I had this annoying squeak come about from the spindle cartridge, I was in the middle of a project and did not feel like tearing into the cartridge to re-grease the bearing. I know my bearings were being washed out by the spray of coolant, so I simple followed suit with a thinned out grease that I blew in with compressed air from the bottom. Quiet now and very smooth running.

This is something I thought I would share, I by no means imply that this is a solution for replacing proper maintenance, but maybe someone might find themselves in the same predicament and will find this idea useful.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lower bearing noise solved for now

For a quick fix thats a good idea, I never thought of that!

Coolant will get into the lower bearings, I made a slinger for mine to keep that from happening, original spindle, machine will be 8 years old in February.

I tried water based coolants for the first couple years, got tired of the sludge in the sump,pump sticking, rust etc

mike sr