Simulation

Thread: Simulation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simulation

Hi everyone,

Does pathpilot have any kind of simulation at the controller for a simple conversational program? We are considering getting the 1100m mill and we haven't found any information on it. It would be nice to see what happens before the cycle start button is pushed in a isa viewpoint on the main tab.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simulation

Not so much as a simulation as much of a preview of tool paths with overall size and maximum work areas identified, typically it is enough information too identify if something is wrong. If you would like you can tinker with pathpilot here before you buy to learn how it works. Virtual.pathpilot.com . For me Pathpilot is awesome and allowed me to learn more about CNC and Gcode than I ever thought I would.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simulation-31b26cf2-725a-4ec3-9606-b4b02c40567b-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. That will help out a lot. I like gunsmithing and those grips look awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Complex models and tool paths are best developed in cam software from models. For small conversational programs its easy enough to simulate at mill by setting xyz start point above vise and run program milling air. Not that long ago it was a good idea to test all new code this way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have a look at https://camotics.org/ its free and simulates toolpaths. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quoting Tormach, 10 years ago: Always run your code in foam first.

I use the cheap pink stuff. It's amazingly dimensionally stable, normally a dead match to a metal part even on thin/close features. Easy to check both finished part and toolpaths. Running a foam doubles -or more- time for every part I make (everything is a one-off). That practice has saved hundreds in tooling costs and scrap.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.