Tormach parts and tech support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tormach parts and tech support

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach parts and tech support

I have a PCNC 1100 Series II that will be 8 years old this coming July.

I’m starting to have a problem with the power draw bar in that when I step on the pedal to change tools, it will no longer push the draw bar down to release the collet to facilitate a tool change.

Well yesterday, I called tech support to ask what could be causing this problem and in speaking with the tech support rep we determined that after nearly 8 years it’s probably time to rebuild the air cylinders on the PDB.

He switched me over to the parts department and that individual told me he would have to look up the parts to see if they had them and call me back in a few minutes. I asked him to please get back to me ASAP because I have a machine down and I need the parts. I even told him I’d pay for USPS express delivery.

Well, here it is Saturday, no return phone call and no parts.

I have a job on the machine right now that takes 9 tools.

As far as I’m concerned, the Tormach tech support and parts department are the absolute best HAAS salesmen that Tormach has.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach parts and tech support

well, it is a hobby machine, not a production one. Not that its an excuse, but you pay a pretty penny for that HAAS support. the cylinders are nothing special.. Can probably get aftermarket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Likely just quad rings. Check McMaster-Carr. I did a quick check and they carry them. You need to know the cylinder bore and thickness.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post

As far as I’m concerned, the Tormach tech support and parts department are the absolute best HAAS salesmen that Tormach has.
    Steve you speak the truth. Tormach customer service has dropped to a new low again recently. 5 years ago it was borderline stellar (very good). 3 years ago it become spotty. Now it is dismal and consistently dismal.

I have a PDB kit I purchased an never used. I'll Overnight it to you tomorrow if you like (series 3 1100 - not sure if it is the same or not). Just DM me your address and ship me your replacement when you get it.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

Tormach lists the PDB rebuild kits here and says that they are in stock:

https://www.tormach.com/store/index....93&portrelay=1

That looks like one of those kits that you piece together yourself from McMaster Carr that costs you half the price and you get 10 kits worth of parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

That sucks
    I ordered a bunch of TTS stuff for my Acer a while back , the order wasn’t huge, but was over $1000. It took them three tries to actually get me everything I paid for, I had ordered a bunch of taps and apparently the wrong ones were in the drawer , they kept send me the wrong ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I went to McMaster on Saturday and got the parts I needed and now all is well.

I actually spent about $22.00.

I wish I could go to McMaster. I am in Pittsburgh, so not far, but not close enough to go the nearest store.

They have served me extremely well over the years. Many a tight situation resolved by their excellent service.

Downloads
    Uploads

You know about mcmaster.com right? It's the best store for online parts and supply. (Much better than smallparts, and once amazon bought them, they went even more downhill.)

Not sure who you are asking, but yes, obviously I do.

MSC (mscdirect.com) is pretty damn good too. I have order thousands of dollars of stuff from them as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, just wondering whether "I could go to McMaster" meant "I don't like shopping online" or just "being in person is better than using the (still excellent) website." Question answered!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to provide some more info on Tormach's support issues.

I ordered some tooling on Monday, then some small parts on Tuesday, and didn't get any emails concerning the shipping, and checking the website it said "pending shipment' all week, so I wasn't especially happy all week. I checked the website again today and they had a banner saying something about a distribution center change, so I was resigned to having to wait a good while for my stuff.

But today, both shipments arrived, I was pleasantly surprise, to say the least. There are obviously still having some issues because on the website, both delivered orders still say pending shipment.

So, I'm an optimistic kind of guy, and I am hopeful that Tormach has seen that folks aren't to happy right now, and are taking some steps to improve the situation. Time will tell, but I'm hopeful.

Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    Not sure who you are asking, but yes, obviously I do.

MSC (mscdirect.com) is pretty damn good too. I have order thousands of dollars of stuff from them as well.
    If you’ve spent thousands of dollars at MSC, you’ve no doubt paid hundreds of dollars more than you would if you’d bought it somewhere else.

The only time I buy from MSC is when nobody else has it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: Tormach parts and tech support

But today, both shipments arrived, I was pleasantly surprise, to say the least. There are obviously still having some issues because on the website, both delivered orders still say pending shipment.

But today, both shipments arrived, I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. They are obviously still having some issues because on the website, both delivered orders still say pending shipment.

So, I'm going to blame this on some kind of auto-correct, I really do know how to spell!

If you’ve spent thousands of dollars at MSC, you’ve no doubt paid hundreds of dollars more than you would if you’d bought it somewhere else.

You’re probably right. I know they are expensive, but the service is damn good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you ever tried to negotiate pricing with your sales rep?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Have you ever tried to negotiate pricing with your sales rep?
    I’ve never had a sales rep come to my shop.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

The sales rep at my shop is the either the Postman of the UPS guy. They are nice guys, but they aren't too keen on negotiating much of anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

All the links on Tormach's web page to SprutCAM tutorials are broken.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast