RapidTurn Spindle Rebuild

Thread: RapidTurn Spindle Rebuild

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RapidTurn Spindle Rebuild

Has anyone sent their RapidTurn in for the spindle rebuild from the initial manufacturing issue with the 5C collet rear bearing surface in the spindle? How long did it take to get the work done and back to you? Did everything go well and as expected?

I have an early RapidTurn and contacted Tormach earlier this week to have it rebuilt/replaced. I was surprised when the response I got was "Is the unit not working correctly?" I replied that it was for the manufacturing error they announced. I didn't think I had to provide a current documented issue to get it fixed. Did anyone else have to do this?

The link I had from Tormach no longer points to the rebuild program information, but I eventually found info on their website and included that information in my response. I have not heard anything else from Tormach. I was hoping it would be a quick turn around.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RapidTurn Spindle Rebuild

I received an email from them when they started the program. I believe the whole process took 3 weeks. They sent me a box. I put my spindle in the box and sent it to them. They sent it back.

Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 w/ Rapid Turn, Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Things seemed to have really changed at Tormach! There is nothing fast about the service I have received. Today is March 20th, and I still haven't even received the box to return the spindle in. I took the Rapidturn apart in preparation, but it just sits there... waiting. I did call Tormach several additional times a few weeks ago. I finally got a call back on March 5th, saying sorry for the delay. The box was going to be sent out to me. Well, I guess that meant eventually. I have been sitting idle for almost a month and I haven't even gotten the box to return it. I am really disappointed in how Tormach is handling this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, it took a long time, but I seem to have finally gotten the process rolling. I got a call from Tormach on March 21st, saying the box would finally be on it's way. It arrived last night, March 25th. They sent a box, a couple of pieces of plywood, some bubble wrap, 4 bolts and washers, and a page of instructions. The instructions explained what to do from the point of having the Rapidturn on the mill all the way through to the return shipping. The instructions were good.

I got it boxed up and dropped off first thing this morning, March 26th. I see it was scanned into UPS and has a scheduled delivery to Tormach of March 28th. It will be good to see if it is a quick turnaround and how everything turned out when the unit is returned.

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally got my RapidTurn back from Tormach, on Friday, April 12th. It took almost 2 months. That sure seems like a long time. I still need to check everything out, but I mounted it on the machine and it is running.