Chinese BT30 Retrofit in PCNC 1100

Thread: Chinese BT30 Retrofit in PCNC 1100

Default Chinese BT30 Retrofit in PCNC 1100

After several years with my PCNC1100 series 3, the ONLY major complaint I have is with tool pullout using TTS and a power drawbar (don't have or want ATC at the moment). Just had a .25" EM pullout ALOT on a relatively mild cut in A36. So, I would love to buy Tormach's BT30 spindle but without a power drawbar, it's useless and I'm frankly a bit tired of waiting for them to provide some relief for those of us cutting things harder than Aluminum. Recently I have found many Chinese BT30 spindles with compressed air drawbars on AliExpress. The dimensions appear to be close to a drop in on the 1100 but I was wondering if anyone has retrofit their 1100 with one? If so, how did it work and fit. Here's the type of spindle I am referring to.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese BT30 Retrofit in PCNC 1100

Why do you not want the BT spindle with the power drawbar? The way the BT30 works, the power drawbar doesn't cause pullout, because you don't use TTS. The drawbar pulls directly against the BT taper. The pullout in TTS can happen because that shank is straight, and the R8 collet holds through clamping only, not pulling upwards like the BT30 does.

Yea, I get it and that;s what I want. I think the way I wrote it is confusing. I want a bt30 with a power drawbar. Unfortunately, tormach doesn't make a power drawbar with their BT30 spindle so I am considering trying to fit an 80mm Chinese BT30 spindle/drawbar into my machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

They do make a PDB for the BT30, it's just not available yet.

Thanks for the reply. Really? Do you have any other info or links? I've looked high and low and couldn't any info at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have any specifics on availability. When I saw it, it was in the middle of a 1mil tool change test. Sorry I don't have anymore info. I'm guessing it will be available when the MX comes out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDW View Post
    I'm guessing it will be available when the MX comes out.
    This.

WW

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the MX. I hope the BT30 pdb works on the series 3 also. Anyone know if the spindle is the same in the 1100M as the series 3 1100? I couldn't find a drawing of the 1100M spindle.