Tormach Price increase comming in March

Thread: Tormach Price increase comming in March

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach Price increase comming in March

Just got the word that due to tariffs and rising material, labor and logistics cost that prices are going up on March 1st. If you need anything, buy now!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach Price increase comming in March

Labor costs are rising in China?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    Labor costs are rising in China?
    Tariffs

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

... and material costs, labor, and logistics.

Downloads
    Uploads

... and material costs, labor, and logistics.
    I'm trying to figure out why Online Metals increased their price for domestic aluminum because of the tariffs..... Seems like "everything" is taking a hit!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why Online Metals increased their price for domestic aluminum because of the tariffs..... Seems like "everything" is taking a hit!
    I've no real economic expertise, but seems to me that if if import prices rise because of tariffs, domestic suppliers will probably increase their prices just high enough that they can still be competitive. No point in leaving money on the table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Additionally, higher tariffs will lead to higher prices will lead to higher CPI will lead to higher inflation will lead to higher interest rates.
    Better raise your prices now so your customers get used to it!

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe Online Metals wanted to encourage it's customers to seek less expensive vendors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe Online Metals wanted to encourage it's customers to seek less expensive vendors.
    Interesting..... Funny how folks make comments like yours.... I spent about a week last month talking to every vendor out there and could not find one who had the different sizes in 6061 and 7075 that could match OLM price (shipped) for customers who purchase between $500 to $1,500 per month. Please!!!! post up your secret "vendor" so that I can compare..... How much are you purchasing per month from your "vendor"?

Downloads
    Uploads

I went to the local KBC store in Fullerton, CA. I just wanted to buy a knurl holder which cost a little over $20.00. The clerk smiled and advised me that he was ever so sorry, but the store has a $25.00 minimum. I smiled and told him not to worry because I could get the exact same tool from Amazon Prime for a lower price, no tax, and free shipping. Although I didn't buy the tool from KBC, at least there was an upside. I've shopped there may times over the years but this time there was no waiting line. In fact, I was the only customer. No doubt a direct consequence of the tariffs

Downloads
    Uploads

I went to the local KBC store in Fullerton, CA. I just wanted to buy a knurl holder which cost a little over $20.00. The clerk smiled and advised me that he was ever so sorry, but the store has a $25.00 minimum. I smiled and told him not to worry because I could get the exact same tool from Amazon Prime for a lower price, no tax, and free shipping. Although I didn't buy the tool from KBC, at least there was an upside. I've shopped there may times over the years but this time there was no waiting line. In fact, I was the only customer. No doubt a direct consequence of the tariffs
    Okay.... so I'm confused..... what does your response have to do with helping me find your "lower price vendor" for my aluminum....? I did do the research and last time I checked... Amazon is not the best price on 1.25" x 1.25" 7075 aluminum bar stock.

Downloads
    Uploads

However, I am impressed that you went into the store to purchase a $20 item and made it all the way to the counter with only that $20 item. My buggy would have about $200 worth of "additional" items that were not part of my reason for stopping by. But then again, I have a tool addiction.

Downloads
    Uploads

However, I am impressed that you went into the store to purchase a $20 item and made it all the way to the counter with only that $20 item. My buggy would have about $200 worth of "additional" items that were not part of my reason for stopping by. But then again, I have a tool addiction.
    Actually, I was seriously checking out a nice $900.00 band saw, but now I'm thinking my old red HF that cost me $150.00 many years ago should be just fine. For large cuts I'll just use the school's. With instructor's permission we're allowed the occasional "G:" job.