vfd fault code

Thread: vfd fault code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default vfd fault code

Anyone get a hf26 code on the 1100 vfd. Occasionally my spindle won't start until I turn off the panel key for about 30 to reset it. My manual has a hf 29 code. Maybe I missed it though.

I contacted Tormach and they told me to check the braking resistor and for any loose connections. The connections weren't loose but the screws did move slightly. The resistor measure 75 ohms, right where it should be.

It doesn't stop or slow down as in a previous post I read, just doesn't always start. Manual or automatic.

Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by toyshop View Post
    Anyone get a hf26 code on the 1100 vfd. Occasionally my spindle won't start until I turn off the panel key for about 30 to reset it. My manual has a hf 29 code. Maybe I missed it though.

I contacted Tormach and they told me to check the braking resistor and for any loose connections. The connections weren't loose but the screws did move slightly. The resistor measure 75 ohms, right where it should be.

It doesn't stop or slow down as in a previous post I read, just doesn't always start. Manual or automatic.

Dave
    Is this a 1100m? If so check resistor temp while spindle is running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: vfd fault code

Plain 1100 upgraded pathpilot control, 6 years old I think.

Bit cold here and didn't feel like warming the shop up all the way today to run it for a short time.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I get the hf26 code on my series 2 1100 vfd on an intermittent basis. I called Tormach when it first happened a few months ago and they said replace the VFD. So since it is intermittent and I do not want to buy a new VFD I just put up with it. Maybe I get it once a week and power off the cabinet, watching for the VFD display to go dark, then power back up. Very annoying.

My 9 year old 1100 is in a basement shop so it is not cold, seems to be happening randomly.

So as soon as I start up the machine I check immediately if the spindle will turn rather then executing the referencing of X, Y and Z which has to be repeated if you have to power cycle the cabinet. Once its good it seems to stay that way.

Last edited by Jerry McFarland; 01-21-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McFarland View Post
    I get the hf26 code on my series 2 1100 vfd on an intermittent basis. I called Tormach when it first happened a few months ago and they said replace the VFD. So since it is intermittent and I do not want to buy a new VFD I just put up with it. Maybe I get it once a week and power off the cabinet, watching for the VFD display to go dark, then power back up. Very annoying.

My 9 year old 1100 is in a basement shop so it is not cold, seems to be happening randomly.

So as soon as I start up the machine I check immediately if the spindle will turn rather then executing the referencing of X, Y and Z which has to be repeated if you have to power cycle the cabinet. Once its good it seems to stay that way.
    deleted, didn't see your follow on about PP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by toyshop View Post
    Anyone get a hf26 code on the 1100 vfd.
    My vfd doesn't report any faults but HF26 is described in the manual as:
    Soft start relay failed to close, or soft start monitor failed, or braking IGBT short circuit at power up.
    Not very specific!
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

I took to checking if it starts also. Annoying but not enough to replace it yet.

Getting at the terminals to check the resistor was a pain at the bottom of the cabinet and me hanging over the table.
    I ended up unscrewing it so I could see the connectors. I would have been easier if it were mounted near the top.

I didn't have to power all the way down, just turned off the key on the front panel for about 30 seconds.

Thanks
    Dave