Z driver problem

Thread: Z driver problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z driver problem

I repaired the X and Y drivers that the connectors and plugs had burned the contacts, at that time the Z looked fine (about 1 year ago), didnt look as good yesterday, I need to find a plug and connector more appropriate, this fix works but doesnt look very good................ The only damage was a broken drill, a scurfed part, and a divoted soft jaw.......... No divots or holes in the vise or table- thats a good thing!

Moral to the story, if there is a noise thats not normal, hit the red button immediately, dont wait to see what happens as it wont be pretty!lZ driver problem-img_8133-jpgZ driver problem-img_8130-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z driver problem-img_8133-jpg   Z driver problem-img_8130-jpg  
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z driver problem

Good that you caught this one in time. Did you go with Phoenix Contact parts for the X & Y replacements or use imports?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Good that you caught this one in time. Did you go with Phoenix Contact parts for the X & Y replacements or use imports?
    I repaired those the same way as this one, with the push together terminals.
    There was a post with pics about it some time ago. I really dont trust those type connectors, not heavy enough for the current they carry in my opinion.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, I kind of wondered what those pigtails were for and should have paid more attention.

Looks like at least some of the Phoenix Contact terminals are rated at 10 amps, but I've no idea if that is enough for this application. I'd guess that the actual capability of import (clone) terminals are less than that.