Procunier Tapping head

Thread: Procunier Tapping head

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Procunier Tapping head

I have tapped 10s of thousands of blind 4-40 holes with my Procunier 1E tapping head with excellent results on both manual and CNC mills. A nice thing about using the Procunier on my Tormach CNC mill is that the code is so simple 2 lines:100% downfeed rate, no dwell, and retract at 200% downfeed rate. Also I tap aluminum 4-40 with a Balax form tap at 1200 rpm so fastand and no chips. With the cushioned double-cone clutch small taps i.e. 0-80 work great. In addition I installed the Pro-Quik quick change tap holders so changing tap sizes is just a snap away. http://rockford-ettc...Pro-QuikTap.pdf I just enter the z height for each tap size in the tool table and quickly swap out tap size during tool change. I made a bracket with anti-rotation rod and TTS quick change tooling so changing the entier Procunier tap head on my Tormach is quick and easy especially with the power drawbar.

Don

Procunier Tapping head-procunierimg_1205web-jpg

Procunier Tapping head-procunierquickpro-jpg

Procunier Tapping head-procunierspindlearmundervie-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procunier Tapping head-tapheadbackviewweb-jpg   Procunier Tapping head-img_1199-jpg   Procunier Tapping head-procunierimg_1199web-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Procunier Tapping head

I have a TapMatic 30X and a 50X. They’ll go in at a programmed speed and come out 75% faster.

I have developed a program to tap holes on my 1100 and I have done threads as small as 2-56 right in the spindle with the ER-16 TC tapping head.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Procunier Tapping head

Steve,
    2-56 blind holes with the ER-16 TC tapping head? I also have Tapmatic 30x and 50x. Got to love those rubberflex collets and pesky wrenches to change tap sizes on the tapmatic. I will take the Procunier any day over the Tapmatic especially with small taps and blind holes.

Don