Need Help! Feed rate when using rotary table

Thread: Feed rate when using rotary table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Feed rate when using rotary table

Hi all,

Since my 1100 is not accurate enough, I plan to use the 4th axis to do all the finishing passes. Basically, it will just be using Z, X, and A. How do you calculate feed rate when using the rotary table? Would feed rate programmed for X/Y be close enough? I'm using Sprutcam 11 and 8" tilted rotary table if you are wondering. Attached is the part I'm trying to make. Even the spokes will be done using the rotary table.

Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Feed rate when using rotary table-img_20181129_094749943-1-jpg  

*Registered User* doublesidedstickytape's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Feed rate when using rotary table

Hello,

I ran into this the other day on my 770. I have the 6 inch rotary tilting table, but I was doing a C-axis type of part. Basically what I did is I asked the machine to rapid from A0 to A3600 - 10 full revolutions - and timed it. Now I know the table's max RPM.

The core issue here is that depending on the radial height you are off the rotary axis, this max RPM converts into a different max surface feedrate through some simple math. So armed with the max RPM I made a spreadsheet converting that into mm/min and IPM at different radii. Then for each cut I'm making I take the lowest radius involved and use that to calculate maximum surface feedrate. I'm using SprutCAM also and you'll probably want to avoid taking multiple passes in one operation since the feedrates are going to be different when you step down.

Hope that all makes sense!