Machining job..

Thread: Machining job..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machining job..

Hi folks. Sold my shop when I moved a couple years back and haven't rebuilt yet. Looking to have some work done. Is there a formal thing here on CNC zone for that? I'd kinda prefer working with people I know have been around such as here in the Tormach forum vs. somewhere else. I've got a small job that could be a mid-sized job eventually, involving 18x1" steel bar (nothing special for steel) , turning one end, putting some 3/16 grooves the other and making a tapering triangle shape over a foot of the length. To do myself, I'd do the ends on the lathe then mill the flats on 4th axis (I have the 4th axis, but sold the mill lol). I designed it so the taper, end features and the cutouts on the triangle section could all be done with a 3/8" ball end mill to eliminate tool changes on the mill. Then debur and put an even finish on it - sandblast or tumble - nothing special just a uniform look to it. I'm thinking maybe 50 pcs. If any interest and we make a deal I'll send a cad file (in whatever form you want that solidworks will export). There's no particular urgency to start, but once committed I'd want it done in a reasonable time frame (couple weeks). This is a part for a project I may do a kick starter on. If there is strong interest the lot size could be some hundreds instead but I want to see if its viable based on parts cost first (or just wait until I get my new machines - Torn between another couple Tormachs or stretching to Haas)

Cheers

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machining job..-part-illustration-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machining job..

Thats a lot of views with no comments! wow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Thats a lot of views with no comments! wow.
    There are a few guys on the Facebook Tormach Operators site that may be interested in making your parts.
    18" would be a limiting factor as thats the factory max X travel on an 1100, a fourth axis and lathe would be a limiting factor for some also.

I see a few guys posting jobs and some willing to do them on that site.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    There are a few guys on the Facebook Tormach Operators site that may be interested in making your parts.
    18" would be a limiting factor as thats the factory max X travel on an 1100, a fourth axis and lathe would be a limiting factor for some also.

I see a few guys posting jobs and some willing to do them on that site.
    Thanks Mike. I'll check out conventional shops. To do the part right, some of it would be done on a lathe, and only 12" of it machined with 4th axis on the mill. Super easy to make, but right now all I have is the 4th axis and path pilot controller. No lathe or mill at the moment. Good excuse to buy some machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Slant-Pro and Tormach 1100 but no 4th Axis, bought the mill from a guy who sold his shop when he moved a few years back.

You can try the RFQ section of CNC Zone also https://www.cnczone.com/forums/usa-rfq-s/

Watch me learn at www.youtube.com/dataprotocnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by imp22b View Post
    I have a Slant-Pro and Tormach 1100 but no 4th Axis, bought the mill from a guy who sold his shop when he moved a few years back.

You can try the RFQ section of CNC Zone also https://www.cnczone.com/forums/usa-rfq-s/
    Thanks...