Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?

Thread: Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?

I'm currently installing a slant pro and when making connections to the terminal blocks, the instructions suggest pushing a flat head screwdriver in to open it up then push the ferrule in to the corresponding hole. I've not had any luck with this - perhaps I'm using too much force but I tend to find that the terminal doesn't seem to spring back properly so it doesn't grab the ferrule. I had similar issues when setting up my 770 a few years ago; does anyone have any tips/advice on how it should be done?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?

I don't have a Tormach but if the terminals are what I think they are

the springy leaf does not always return to the original possition if a large wire or screw driver
    has pushed it against the top of the connector

as it is just to protect the wire from the screw as the terminal is tightened its not normally a problem

Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?-terminal-wire-protector-jpg
    Tips for dealing with the Tormach electrical terminal blocks?-terminal-2-jpg

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMacGregor View Post
    I'm currently installing a slant pro and when making connections to the terminal blocks, the instructions suggest pushing a flat head screwdriver in to open it up then push the ferrule in to the corresponding hole. I've not had any luck with this - perhaps I'm using too much force but I tend to find that the terminal doesn't seem to spring back properly so it doesn't grab the ferrule. I had similar issues when setting up my 770 a few years ago; does anyone have any tips/advice on how it should be done?

Thanks
    I find a blunt scriber or an small allen key with a blunt point ground on the end if it is in a confined space will do the job. Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I personally hate this particular type of connector (with the "springy leaf" over the screw). This type is much more pleasant to use: