Need Help! PCNC 770 - E-Stop Error - "Failed to bring Machone out of E-stop"

Thread: PCNC 770 - E-Stop Error - "Failed to bring Machone out of E-stop"

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation PCNC 770 - E-Stop Error - "Failed to bring Machone out of E-stop"

I have had several days of failure and errors haunting my pcnc770. First my controller would not boot up and it would continuously beep, I was told by Tormach to re-seat the memory card. After that the controller would boot but monitor was too dark to see and I was told to replaced the VGA cable, which I did and worked for a few seconds and then the monitor completely went out. I replaced the monitor and then I was back in business.

At this time I decided to run a dedicated power line to the pcnc770, unfortunately I used a 20amp double pole breaker and hooked up both legs surging the machine with 208V of power blowing the 1amp glass fuse and the 6amp ceramic fuse. I replaced these and again I was back up and running. After about an hour of machining I noticed a power blimp on the machine (it was storming so I may have lost power for a brief second), after the power blimp I saw my screen reading the E-stop code and for the life of me can not resolve it.

I have occasionally received this code before the electrical fiasco but was able to clear it with a power cycle / reboot.

I have checked fuses and wire connections. I have rebooted and done several power cycles.

I hear the "clunk" when turning on, but the "clunk" is not as loud as usual. The cooling fan does not turn on.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated, I am back up on some work from being down for a few days and the Holiday weekend will not let me reach out to Tormach until Tuesday.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCNC 770 - E-Stop Error - "Failed to bring Machone out of E-stop"-img_1670-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PCNC 770 - E-Stop Error - "Failed to bring Machone out of E-stop"

Is this intended as a parody? The fuses will protect the machine from shorts but not from excessive overvoltage. You have likely severely damaged your Tormach mill if you did what you described above. Every semiconductor subjected to an excessive overvoltage becomes instant scrap through the primary breakdown mechanism. Components that survive may be significantly weakened and fail in the near future as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for chiming in Zetopan. I should clarify that when I turned on the machine while it was hooked up to the double pole breaker it immediately blew the 6amp fuse. Thats when I corrected the wiring, so the machine was never in use while receiving overvoltage in case you assumed that. I do not see any damage do any circuitry. I would think that metal oxide varistors or similar would be incorporated into the tormach system to protect it form ding dongs like me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a look at the schematic for you.
    Check the fuse labelled FU3. If that's OK, then turning the main breaker on and holding in the start button should make the fan work even if everything else is blown to bits. If the fan doesn't run, then either the wiring, the fan or the start/estop switches are damaged.

If the contactor is working, then you should hear it close with a 'clunk' when you press the start button and the fan will keep running when you release the start button. Press the estop to stop the fan and release the contactor.

If that much works, then the problem's on the machine control board and there's no schematic for that inthe manual, but there are a pair of fuses on the board, so check them. That's about all that's involved in getting the estop signal to the computer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks David!

When you say main breaker are you referring to this: https://www.tormach.com/store/index....show&ref=31658

All Fuses are OK according to my multimeter and the led indicator lights on the fuse block.

I do hear a clunk at startup but its noticeable less loud than it was, what/where is the the connector?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Fired up the mill again today and everything worked as normal. I got about 30 seconds of milling done when it disconnected mid program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Spoke with Tormach and it sound like the Machine Control Board -31045 and fan 30626 are both bad. I have them on order and will update once replaced.