Newbie Standard 4th axis on 770

Thread: Standard 4th axis on 770

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Standard 4th axis on 770

Hi I'm setting up the standard 6" 4th axis for the first time on the 770 series 3.. After adjusting backlash, oiling etc I have it keyed into the middle tslot but the motor is touching the ledge of the chip guard and not allowing the rotary table to fully touch down..

Does the chip guard usually need to be removed? or is something wrong with how i'm setting this up?

Standard 4th axis on 770-img_1198-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Standard 4th axis on 770-img_1198-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Standard 4th axis on 770

I found the "table guard" (what Tormach calls the beige pieces in your photo) a huge pain and promptly discarded them; I only got my 4th axis after the guard was removed so can't definitively confirm the interference.
    Note that If you want to retain the guard and use your 4th axis there is an accessory to reverse things. See Mandala Rose Works - 4th Axis Stepper Relocation Kit for Tormach 6 inch rotary table I haven't actually tried the product but I believe that several here have.