Getting Coolant to drain better?

Thread: Getting Coolant to drain better?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting Coolant to drain better?

Being a small high school with limited funds I would like to pinch every penny I can by getting my coolant to drain back better to the tank. is there a reason that I should not shim one size of the mill to create a little slope to encourage coolant to make its way back to the drain? I would shim the base and tram the mill within this change.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Hi - Actual 'levellness' of a base or machine is not critical - the main thing is to avoid twisting or distorting the machine. Often a level is used to help achive this.

All the same, if I undertsand your plan, lifting the machine deliberately off an angled base and shimming it level would mean you would need to really understand and control the stresses you would be applying on tightening the base bolts.

Cliff

The stand on my machine is parallel to the floor, but the machine is level so I have no coolant drainage problem.

I’ll run the machine all day then let it sit over night to let Ann the coolant drain back into the tank then I’ll vacuum the chips out before I start the next morning.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.