Tormach 2200 Professional CNC - your dream list - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Tormach 2200 Professional CNC - your dream list

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach 2200 Professional CNC - your dream list

I use one of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#5372k118/=1ckepx9. If the tank stays full the coolant flow is adequate, once the level drops a little it becomes mostly worthless.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IMT View Post
    I use one of these:
    Quote Originally Posted by IMT View Post
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#5372k118/=1ckepx9
    . If the tank stays full the coolant flow is adequate, once the level drops a little it becomes mostly worthless.

If you have a lathe or.. eh-hem a mill... you can make your own barb fittings pretty easily. Brass is expensive, but aluminum rod stock can be pretty cheap if you buy full bars from your local metal vendor. If I am at the store anyway, or making an order for other things I'll buy barbs, but often when I am elbows deep in a project I'll just make them. I keep a little brass and a little more aluminum on hand anyway.

You know a two tank system is one of the methods of settling out fines that can chip clog nozzles right? I have a two tank system on my lightest currently in service mill now. Coolant drains into a filter screen in tank one, goes under a baffle, and then rises up to an overflow that flows into tank two where the coolant pump is. That machine also has the smallest coolant reservoir (the amount in tank two) so I have to run small nozzles at regulated flow to not run out of coolant in process on that machine, but even with the smaller nozzles I hardly ever have a chip clog. I mostly use that machine for engraving, but I do use it to run a job once in a while when I have an idea that's burning a hole in my brain, and the other machines are busy.

P.S. There is no need for your overflow tank fitting to be high into the main tank if your goal is just more volume. If the hose barbs are fitted lower you have more useable volume because then the overflow tank can flow back in your main tank. You don't want it at the bottom because the flow in the hose could get clogged by fines, but an inch or two off the bottom should work ok. The benefit is you can use something like a five gallon bucket outside the machine for your volume, and mark it at the same level as optimum for the machine. Then you can add coolant to the bucket where you con see it easily. The levels will then automatically equalize and almost all the volume in your system will be useable volume. That does nothing for fine chip management, but it definitely will increase the time intervals for adding coolant to the system.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I pay $.122 /kwh plus a $32/month service fee in USD.
    In the SF Bay area, if you have a family with electric habits (using computers, watching TV,) you'll be in the $0.40/kWh bracket.
    Oh, and a 1200 sqft house with a single-car garage is over a million dollars. I could move enough stuff to fit a PCNC 440, but a 1100 would just not fit...
    (No wonder all the parts-and-dies shops are closing up and moving out of the area :-( )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good reasons to not live in SF area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Truth! Once the kids have flown out (not too far off) that may indeed change.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Tormach "2200" already exist for the features everyone wants can be had from industrial machines such as Haas, Mori, Matsura, ect. You can find a used Brother mill cheaper than a fully loaded 1100 and still be miles ahead.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910