Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper? - Page 3


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35

Thread: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

  1. #25
    Gold Member mountaindew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1581
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    It's a pressure sensor that is easy to change or adjust. Take the cover off where the switch to turn the compressor on or loo for a sensor. I've done it numerous times.
    I tried many years ago and just now . I cant find anything to adjust.



  2. #26
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I tried many years ago and just now . I cant find anything to adjust.
    Post a picture of it and the cover off the switch (use to turn it off on)



  3. #27
    Gold Member mountaindew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1581
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    It's a pressure sensor that is easy to change or adjust. Take the cover off where the switch to turn the compressor on or loo for a sensor. I've done it numerous times.
    Thanks for the help, Bottom line my compressor works but is not a high duty cycle tool. If I run it to much it will seize up. I need a better duty cycle unit with higher pressure and 210v. Save my smaller unit for less demanding portable use.



  4. #28
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Thanks for the help, Bottom line my compressor works but is not a high duty cycle tool. If I run it to much it will seize up. I need a better duty cycle unit with higher pressure and 210v. Save my smaller unit for less demanding portable use.
    No kidding, we have a 60 gallon Kobalt for shop work (tractors, skidsteers, etc). We have had it well over 10 years now. Only thing to fail was the pressure switch. It is on it's last leg but just keep the oil change every year or 6 months. Put a automatic drain or timer.

    Quincy is the best but $$. I need a smaller 10gallon my self and while I like the idea of the California Air being quiet the duty cycle and being able to keep up concerns me.



  5. #29
    Registered popspipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1302
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    I have an old Puma 60 gallon tank 2 stage, has served me well for over 30 years, a bit noisy but I know when its runing without straining my hearing ha!!

    mike sr


  6. #30
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Just finished installing a Monoprice 17-Inch touch screen (model 15482). Here are my observations. It has mounting holes for Vesa 75 x 75, so I had to drill new holes in my existing mounting plate. Only two of the holes on the back of the monitor have threaded inserts. Not sure if I am supposed to use the included sheet metal screws for the unthreaded holes. When removing the protective tape off the bezel, I discovered that I needed to be careful when removing the tape off the lettering on the bottom right hand side. Removing the tape tends to remove the letters. The monitor has a built-in USB cable. I attached this to the same USB port my mouse was attached. When first powered it up, I couldn't get the monitor to select the VGA port. The manual said to use the PC port for VGA. After some time, I discovered a VGA button on the remote. Yep, this monitor has a remote. Something else to lose. After pushing the VGA button, the display came up. Finally some success. The monitor comes up 1024 x 768 resolution. I know the monitor can do 1280 x 1024, but the existing resolution seems the correct scale for the touch controls. Touch screen worked right away. The only issue is that there is a mouse cursor that follows my finger touches.Anyone know how to disable the cursor?



  7. #31
    Gold Member mountaindew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1581
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I have an old Puma 60 gallon tank 2 stage, has served me well for over 30 years, a bit noisy but I know when its runing without straining my hearing ha!!
    Bit noisy My single stage DIRECT drive compressor is at jack hammer levels for sound. Great because it is kind of portable. Bottom line will never buy a compressor that does not have a belt and pulley drive system.



  8. #32
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    233
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir John View Post
    Just finished installing a Monoprice 17-Inch touch screen (model 15482). Here are my observations. It has mounting holes for Vesa 75 x 75, so I had to drill new holes in my existing mounting plate. Only two of the holes on the back of the monitor have threaded inserts. Not sure if I am supposed to use the included sheet metal screws for the unthreaded holes. When removing the protective tape off the bezel, I discovered that I needed to be careful when removing the tape off the lettering on the bottom right hand side. Removing the tape tends to remove the letters. The monitor has a built-in USB cable. I attached this to the same USB port my mouse was attached. When first powered it up, I couldn't get the monitor to select the VGA port. The manual said to use the PC port for VGA. After some time, I discovered a VGA button on the remote. Yep, this monitor has a remote. Something else to lose. After pushing the VGA button, the display came up. Finally some success. The monitor comes up 1024 x 768 resolution. I know the monitor can do 1280 x 1024, but the existing resolution seems the correct scale for the touch controls. Touch screen worked right away. The only issue is that there is a mouse cursor that follows my finger touches.Anyone know how to disable the cursor?
    I have the same monitor and had the same issues. I only used the two threaded holes and wondered the same about the self-taping screws. Would be nice if the manual said what those screws were for. I've had the monitor form more than a year now and it works great.



  9. #33
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2084
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    I've bought about 20-30 TTS style collets from DarkOn: 20 x DARKON ER20 PRECISION COLLETS | eBay

    Last edited by mcphill; 01-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html


  10. #34
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    233
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    I've bout 20-30 TTS style collets from DarkOn: 20 x DARKON ER20 PRECISION COLLETS | eBay
    I've been using ER20 and ER 16 collets from CME Tools. The ER20's are only $5.50 and the ER16's are $5.95. Their service is excellent. I usually receive my order the next day.

    https://cme-tools.myshopify.com/coll...ant=5698047811



  11. #35
    Registered kstrauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1172
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

    I purchased a 17-inch Monoprice 106959 about two years ago from Amazon. This model appears to be still available (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6959). Works great and it came with inserts in all four corners of the VESA mounting surface. Alas, it has control buttons rather than a remote...



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?

Items that Tormach sells that can be had for cheaper?