Wild horse Econo probe - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild horse Econo probe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas J View Post
    I need to go back and double check the deflection for actuation on my probe but I most definitely don't see 0.025". I see a 2-3 thou at most when comparing probing one side, flipping the part, and probing the same corner (now on the other side). My estimate is based on faces lining up. Even though I do finish passes on full length walls from one side, the chamfers would be hugely mismatched from left/right side cutting.

I'll try checking a 1-2-3 block and report back what I see.

Please do

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wild horse Econo probe

Finally got around to getting back on the CNC, took a break to work on the race car we broke a crank on. Anyways, I could go back and write down the numbers measuring both sides of the 1-2-3 block in both X and Y but its not too relevant the exact numbers. It certainly was as people said here effected by min travel before activation.

So thinking about my machines backlash (0.0015-0.002") I reduced the 99 offset diameter from 0.125 down to 0.114. Its pretty interesting and Id like to think this is a good way to compensate, will evaluate after a few more parts. But it certainly goes to show we should really thinking about tool paths and have important dimensions cut from one side/setup.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do not buy from them. I ordered one via paypal and weeks went by with no probe. I emailed them, no response. Had to do a paypal claim to get my money back. terrible. words of advice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by felizles View Post
    Do not buy from them. I ordered one via paypal and weeks went by with no probe. I emailed them, no response. Had to do a paypal claim to get my money back. terrible. words of advice.
    Did the guy in NZ ever get his to market? They seemed like they might be pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    Did the guy in NZ ever get his to market? They seemed like they might be pretty good.
    If you mean the Hallmark ITTP, yes, he's been making and selling that for quite a while now. His screen name here is Keen in case you want to read up on it and his YouTube channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Threadexpress/videos

It's a great product and much more reliable and accurate than the Wild Horse probe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by felizles View Post
    Great. I just ordered and paid for one last night. So when did all this happen for you??

OK I just now got off the phone with Wild Horse Innovations. I asked about the delays and he said the main person had a serious medical issue and they tried to contact everyone involved. They will begin shipping again next week Monday the 8th and hopes everyone will understand. So its just an FYI.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 10-05-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ove a month now, I have emailed and nothing. Filed a dispute with PayPal they will let me know on the 11th!!

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Ok ove a month now, I have emailed and nothing. Filed a dispute with PayPal they will let me know on the 11th!!
    If you look at my post; same problem. Stop your store please.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is actually very sad. I use the heck out of mine on every job. It's the perfect Tormach device. Hope they start shipping again soon. It's hard to fix a bad rep once you have one.

Downloads
    Uploads

For what it's worth, if you want another probe, I ordered the ITTP and it showed up less than two weeks later (from around the world.) It works as advertised, so it seems like a reasonable alternative probe if you need one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12