New 1100 dumb question - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1100 dumb question

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatchman View Post
    Sorry could help the "Who's on First" shtick.

The wrench/hammer is a very handy tool to have. In the BPDB days (Before Power Draw Bar) that was my main go to tool for a tool change.

Right now Tormach seems a bit my company when we transitioned to SAP (I still think this stands for Silly Ass Program) for Accounting, Billing and Production Control. I just about shut us down for six months. Company ran on Excel Spreadsheets while the bugs were being worked out.

gary
    I ran my shop on Excel for about 5 years till I bought Intuit Quickbooks.

For me the transition was almost seamless. It was easy for me to keep track of money coming in or going out. Once I got it set up to start keeping bank records on it, the rest was easy.

My wife would come in and ask where I stood financially and I could open up Qiuckbooks and she knew in about 2 minutes. It was so easy after that.

You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New 1100 dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by syscore View Post
    I called three different times last week and got voicemail. And live chat wasn't live. It took 3 days for a reply to my question. Actually, the reply was wrong, I think. I asked if the mill came with a drawbar and the reply was that it didn't come with a "power" drawbar. I assume my experience was atypical. I felt like I just paid my taxes rather than buy a mill.

Btw, does the mill come with a drawbar?
    wow, they really are screwing up lately... bummer...
    I kind of expected better from them.

anyway, yes, manual drawbar is included...
    but I highly recommend the power drawbar... (or at least a power drawbar, does not have to be thiers per se... especially if they can't get their act together...)
    power drawbar+TTS is just wonderful, I imagine adding the ATC would be nice, but just PDB + TTS gets you 90% there... pity the ATC is just so freakishly $$$$

NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New 1100 dumb question

The price and the fact it only holds ten tools killed the atc for me I agree. I need a few more tools myself but if it were a little cheaper I prolly would have hoped on it.
    The only time I have a hard time getting Tormach on the phone is when they don't answer, but they usually call me back, the reason I'm assuming is that they will talk to you for an hour if you want them too, so I imagine that's what they are doing when they don't answer. Call back an hour later and you should be able to get someone, if you leave a message they will be the Wisconsin bonnet calling you back the next day at 7a.m. Wis time, at least that's been my experience.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12