PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN in the pathpilot MDI should bring up a calibration tool.

The monitor may also have one on it's own as that you can get to by pressing various menu buttons on it.

Also clean off the screen and bezel if you are getting spurious touches. Some touch screen technologies are more sensitive than others to gunk on the screen and around the edges.
    I tried ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN, but that didn't help. There is no on screen calibration, just brightness, color, etc. The bezel is clean.

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99

there is no calibration on the touch screen itself , only through mdi . If you unplug it for a moment then plug into another port then it should correct itself if touch is inverted. As far as drivers go they are already there , otherwise the touch wouldn't be working . I don't recall having any issues with the planer screens which is why I've switched most of my machines away from monoprice which were problematic

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    there is no calibration on the touch screen itself , only through mdi . If you unplug it for a moment then plug into another port then it should correct itself if touch is inverted. As far as drivers go they are already there , otherwise the touch wouldn't be working . I don't recall having any issues with the planer screens which is why I've switched most of my machines away from monoprice which were problematic
    I tried a few different USB ports, didn't help.

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    Planar made a few different technologies, although the linked one pictured is a resistive-touch technology which should be fairly solid until it wears out.

If you have one of those (the key differentiator is if poking it with a blunt stick will also trigger a touch as well as a finger will), you might try adding ferrite beads to the wires going into it, check grounding and power supplies and whatnot, but it might be easier to plug it into a Windows PC and use the Planar calibration/diagnostic tool to see what's going on.

Last edited by shred; 02-06-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    have you tried unplugging the screens power cord while doing this ?

Downloads
    Uploads

have you tried unplugging the screens power cord while doing this ?
    I tried that. Didn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a new touchscreen, it's a 15" cocar. It has the same problem as my Planar - when I touch it the cursor goes to a completely different part of the screen. I did notice something interesting. I have my pathpilot PC configured to boot up to the Linux Mint screen; pathpilot software does not start automatically. When I reboot and I'm on the Mint screen, the touchscreen works just fine. When I start pathpilot, then the touchscreen doesn't work. It senses the touch, but the cursor doesn't go there. I did the ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN calibration, but that didn't make a difference. If I exit pathpilot and return to Mint screen, the touchscreen still doesn't work, same problem as when pathpilot software is running. So, pathpilot seems to be doing something that is causing it to not work properly and that modification stays in place until I reboot.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found this with a quick google search which might help , Under Preferences, General, there is the Disable automatic screen rotation, make sure it is OFF.
    I can upload the xinput file for the planer if you want to compare

Downloads
    Uploads

I found this with a quick google search which might help , Under Preferences, General, there is the Disable automatic screen rotation, make sure it is OFF.
    I can upload the xinput file for the planer if you want to compare
    Are you talking about Preferences on the Planar monitor's menu or the Mint O/S? I couldn't find anything like this in either place. I'm not familiar with an xinput file. What is that?

Downloads
    Uploads

I found that on one of the sites and the guy was using mint cinnamon , the setting is in the os .
    The xinput is the calibration file it should be visible in pathpilot , it will be in the files where your g code files are .

Downloads
    Uploads

I found a file called pointercal.xinput

The contents are:
    xinput set-int-prop "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 1466 1321 2299 1270
    xinput set-int-prop "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1

I think my version of Mint is Rosa (v17.3)

Downloads
    Uploads

I renamed the file pointercal.xinput so Pathpilot wouldn't use it. Then I started PathPilot, it asked me if I wanted to calibrate my touchscreen. I answered no and the touchscreen works fine now. So, whatever PathPilot is doing to calibrate the touchscreen, it is actually messing it up.

Downloads
    Uploads

good to hear , I was just posting back to say that the calibration you posted above doesn't look the same as mine number wise .

I suppose it's probably best to delete that file when changing over from one touch screen to another . I'm guessing if you do a calibration with pathpilot it will output a new file with proper coordinates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123