PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99

So I have gotten 2 of the 17 inch Monoprice resistive touch screen monitors along with a 19 inch that just arrived today. All three of them display a blue screen that says no-signal when connected to several computers.. Ive tried them on 3 different computers, all of which have a good signal using the same cable on 3 different brand monitors. Ive tried VGA and HDMI long with 3 different VGA cables and still no love... I would think the chances of me getting 3 defective monitors would be very slim, but I am at a loss what the issue could be. I also spoke to two different tech support people at monoprice and they were not able to help.

Figured I would check with you here to see if anyone had an idea what the issue might be or what I could try.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot compatible touchscreen (Same model as Tormach touch screen) for $149.99

None, the controls on the monitors are not very intuitive. They default to the AV cables, and hitting the input select button, and stopping when you get to VGA or HDMI does not actually change the input, like it does on most monitors. You have to press the select button after stopping on HDMI or VGA for it to actually change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by David Bord View Post
    So I have gotten 2 of the 17 inch Monoprice resistive touch screen monitors along with a 19 inch that just arrived today. All three of them display a blue screen that says no-signal when connected to several computers.. Ive tried them on 3 different computers, all of which have a good signal using the same cable on 3 different brand monitors. Ive tried VGA and HDMI long with 3 different VGA cables and still no love... I would think the chances of me getting 3 defective monitors would be very slim, but I am at a loss what the issue could be. I also spoke to two different tech support people at monoprice and they were not able to help.

Figured I would check with you here to see if anyone had an idea what the issue might be or what I could try.
    This is what I did.
    Setup monitor and made connections of USB and vga. Then put batteries in remote controls. started up machine controller and used touch screen remote to set video source. Then use admin pp midi command to bring up the touch screen calibration window and used the touch screen pen to calibrate the touch area.
    done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    This is what I did.
    Setup monitor and made connections of USB and vga. Then put batteries in remote controls. started up machine controller and used touch screen remote to set video source. Then use admin pp midi command to bring up the touch screen calibration window and used the touch screen pen to calibrate the touch area.
    done.
    I did the same with mine... use the remote. I had to search the forum here when I purchased the 17" Monoprice touch screen.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gents! I will report back once I try it tomorrow...

Downloads
    Uploads

Apologies for the delay...you guys saved my bacon. Thanks so much for the tips, that fixed it!

Downloads
    Uploads

My monoprice touchscreen that I got from Tormach has a problem - the mouse cursor jumps all over the place. When I unplug the USB from the touchscreen the mouse works fine using the hand mouse. I'd like to order a new touchscreen. The links to monoprice in this thread are old and don't work. Does anyone have links to a 17" or 19" touchscreen that's compatible with the Tormach, and has the same mounting holes?

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

I've bought a few from these guys https://www.ebay.com/itm/17501417684...sAAOSw7fVdQOzD
    clean and clear though they are used , plug and play and I like them much more that the monoprice

Downloads
    Uploads

I looked and touchscreen I picked up from Amazon a couple months ago is no longer available. Or they are asking an absurd amount like $500+ dollars

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I've bought a few from these guys https://www.ebay.com/itm/17501417684...sAAOSw7fVdQOzD
    clean and clear though they are used , plug and play and I like them much more that the monoprice
    Thanks. Looks like a good option.

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

One I ordered from the above link showed up today, going to wait for it to warm up and figure out how to hook it up without screwing up my already working non-touch screen setup
    M

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    One I ordered from the above link showed up today, going to wait for it to warm up and figure out how to hook it up without screwing up my already working non-touch screen setup
    M
    nothing can get messed up really . Aside from the power cord you will need the usb cable since they don't supply those , but those are a dime a dozen . Calibrate and you should be good to go

Downloads
    Uploads

Bolted in up, plugged it in, changed the usb port / extension cable and it recognized it, ran the calibration and it's up and running. Seems to work fine, even works through the piece of plastic I normally have covering the screen to protect it from coolant and chips and crap. So I ordered another one for my LinuxCNC lathe. Should be here tomorrow
    Thanks for the source, been looking for a decent price touchscreen for a while
    M

Downloads
    Uploads

right on .
    I bought one thinking it would be a turd at that price but right after I plugged it in I bought a couple more

Downloads
    Uploads

Wonder what a new HAAS touch screen would cost....

Downloads
    Uploads

I got one of these Planar monitors on ebay, but what do I do about drivers and calibration? When I touch the screen, the mouse pointer jumps away pretty far.

Downloads
    Uploads

you don't need to do anything in regard to drivers .
    Try unplugging the usb cable , wait a moment then plug it back in , then calibrate . Thats a problem that I had with the monoprice touch screens and the screen would be reverse , unplugging always resolved that .

Downloads
    Uploads

Try unplugging the usb cable , wait a moment then plug it back in , then calibrate . Thats a problem that I had with the monoprice touch screens and the screen would be reverse , unplugging always resolved that .
    That worked. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

First time I tried unplugging usb and plugging it back in, touch screen worked. But that didn't last and unplugging USB again doesn't fix it anymore. When I touch the screen, the mouse jumps to part of the screen that is nowhere near my finger. You also say to calibrate. How do you do that? I see Planar has some Linux drivers, but the docs talk about updating and rebuilding the kernel. That's doesn't sound like a path I want to head down.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    First time I tried unplugging usb and plugging it back in, touch screen worked. But that didn't last and unplugging USB again doesn't fix it anymore. When I touch the screen, the mouse jumps to part of the screen that is nowhere near my finger. You also say to calibrate. How do you do that? I see Planar has some Linux drivers, but the docs talk about updating and rebuilding the kernel. That's doesn't sound like a path I want to head down.
    ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN in the pathpilot MDI should bring up a calibration tool.

The monitor may also have one on it's own as that you can get to by pressing various menu buttons on it.

Also clean off the screen and bezel if you are getting spurious touches. Some touch screen technologies are more sensitive than others to gunk on the screen and around the edges.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast