Need Help! Need new Z axis gib adjustment/ retaining bolts...Anyone have pics of some?

Thread: Need new Z axis gib adjustment/ retaining bolts...Anyone have pics of some?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need new Z axis gib adjustment/ retaining bolts...Anyone have pics of some?

I just bought a 5 yr old V1 Tormach 1100. Apparently the Z axis gib adjustment bolts were lost at some point before I bought the machine. So the gib itself was just handed to me when I made the purchase.

I called tormach and they said they were just standard metric "shoulder bolts" but Ive tried a few and none fit correctly. Does anyone have some measurements? Part numbers? Pictures?

Thank you guys very much for any help in this matter.

Marty

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Series II machine and the bolts on all 3 Axes "look" the same. From memory I would also have suspected that they are all the same length as well.
    However, the part numbers as listed in the manual are actually different! You could remove one of the bolts from the X-Axis to give you an idea how they look but I'd just order replacements from Tormach. If you didn't receive the manual for your Series I then I'm sure that Tormach can make sure that you get the right type.
    Step