Need Help! New PCNC1100 Dady

Thread: New PCNC1100 Dady

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New PCNC1100 Dady

I am the proud Daddy of a new Tormach mill. Received the mill and stand yesterday. After 10 hours I got it put together and ready to run (extra time due to location). I am still waiting for the PC and tooling I ordered (should arrive Wed.).

As all new daddies I am impatient to test it out. Have set up an old PC with Mach3 and a new parallel to test, but am unable to make it talk to the machine.

Any thoughts or help?
    I would use this PC as a backup if needed.

Thanks

Mark

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New PCNC1100 Dady-new-tormach-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, congratulations on your entry to the PCNC community. Tormach's control software ( PCNC1100M3-IIRell3.12b.exe ) and installation instructions are available on this page. You really should use that rather than the generic Mach3 because Tormach has custom macros besides their custom xml file. (It is possible to customize the generic copy of Mach, but it's a lot of work and you need to be familiar with the Tormach version already to do it.) The limitation is that you won't be able to run very long gcode files until you install your license file, which will be coming with the Tormach PC.

Randy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Randy
    I have been unable to locate the file you referanced. Can you give me more info.

Thanks
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, here are direct links for the software and the installation instructions. They are under Downloads | CAD, CAM, & Machine Software on the page to which I linked above.

Randy