mesa reseller ???

Thread: mesa reseller ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default mesa reseller ???

Anyone know of a mesa reseller in North America ? I went to the mesa site to order a couple 5i25's and they are sold out . I found one in Europe but I think they were sniffing glue when they priced it

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mesa reseller ???

The newer computer I bought uses the 7I92, might be worth changing out the computer?? I dont know if these are in short supply as well though.
    computer was a Dell 7010 and has worked fine for about a year now. From what I am seeing on the forums, the super small ones fail fairly regularly.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

apparently the only board your gonna get is the new 7I96S ethernet solution. but it requires a specific LinuxCNC installation to support it as I understand.
    So with PathPilot, I assume your stuck unless Tormach added support for that board in a recent release.

Here is a US reseller;
    https://mesaus.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

it appears the 7I92 are out of stock to . I'd prefer to stick with the 5i25 boards because I'd like to stick with what I've been using , it's also nice that the are contained within the pc .
    Yesterday one of my mills had the mesa update failed error . I reseated the card and it seems good but it reminded me to get a couple spares on hand . Plus I'm going to see what I can do to get my emco lathe running on pathpilot vs linuxcnc which is running through the pp

Downloads
    Uploads

I totally understand needing the 5i25 for service of currently running machines. Good luck. The way I understand it is that the FPGA chip is the major issue, so they are redesigning all the boards.

when I go to the mesaus site I see 12 of the 7i76S in stock
    mesa reseller ???-screenshot-2022-12-25-104625-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

what is the issue with the chip , failure or supply issues ? The problem is that if the new board doesn't jive with pathpilot then that leaves a lot of people in a bad state . Even if tormach updates the software to match the card then it totally screws those of us who have our preferred versions and don't necessarily want to update the software

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe it is supply issues. And yep, it could be a mess for Tormach and Tormach owners. But I suspect Tormach will be on top of it as best they can to limit any fallout if it comes to that.
    I wonder how Tormach are currently shipping product though? Seems that, based on Popspipes post above, they may have already moved to a new card?

Downloads
    Uploads

their new controls appear to use the 7I92 though I may stand corrected . If I only needed to concern myself with one machine then I'd fly with whatever I need to use , but I've got 5 mills running on the same cards . Either way , it's going to cost me a lot of money and lost machine time if one of my cards crap out . The lathe can stay as it is for now .
    Those European over priced boards aren't looking so bad now I suppose . I'm guessing thats why they are charging what they are , it's ignorant but they got us by the balls

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried to talk to Tormach about it yet?
    I'm sure this has thrown them too, but they may have solutions available?
    I wonder if there is even a possibility they have an exclusive arrangement with Mesa and have access to some boards we dont?
    wishful thinking I know, but it is the magical season...hahaha...or is that hohoho.

Downloads
    Uploads

I checked the tormach website and they have controls available so they might have some of the one board or both boards kicking around . I'm sure they must buy a fair supply to hold in stock .
    I just came across the issue with the board yesterday so I haven't had a chance to talk to tormach . Reseating the board seems to have resolved my problem for now . The last time this happened I found myself having to replace the board , so my fingers are crossed . I do think this board is on it's last legs though , the control does some weird things if left idle for extended periods of time

Downloads
    Uploads

welp , it was easier to bite the bullet and pay the high cost rather than face the danger of not having my mill running . It better get here fast

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to hear you got the problem solved!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

$240us with shipping is a bit steep considering the boards are usually $89 , but at the same time it's a small price to pay to ensure my mill doesn't have to sit and collect dust

Downloads
    Uploads

tormach tech support was quick to provide a part number for the card , it's not confirmed they have them though . I originally thought I'd get a reply from support after the holidays but apparently they are there working .

2 emails to sales so far and still the typical no reply . It would be nice if all their parts were on the site for easy ordering , getting price quotes is always bs .

Downloads
    Uploads

The Issue with 5I25s (and 6I25s etc) is that the Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA is not available
    (and may not be available for quite some time if ever)

We have a replacement card coming out but it will likely _not_ be compatible
    with older versions of PathPilot because it uses a different FPGA so requires
    different firmware so at the minimum would required updating the flash utility
    (mesaflash)

If you have emergency need for older FPGA cards, you should contact Mesa as we
    may have a limited qty of ugly/repaired/fixable_if_I develop_the_ambition cards...

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to know , I appreciate that . I'm not in an emergency at this point because re-seating the board in a different slot seems to have done the trick for now , plus I have a backup on the way . If tormach still has any then I'll probably grab one from them as well . I hadn't realized how long those boards have been available til the other day . It's been a long run which is nice to see from a company .
    I've put off the inevitable but I suppose sooner or later I'll have to update my software

Downloads
    Uploads

FWIW tormach has them , part # 33254 . Good luck getting through to sales