RUn From Here BUG

Thread: RUn From Here BUG

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RUn From Here BUG

HI Guys just a note on doing RFH. THere appears to be a bug in 1 of the RFH options. It is the NO PREP option. When you select it and press CycleStart the ORANGE line that shows where you are at in the Gcode moves all the way to the top (beginning) of teh File and displays totally out of sync to the actual Gcode running. THE Gocde still runs correctly but the Orange line is out of sync and you have no idea what is happening. THe orange indicator show it at the top of the file and the Machine runs the Gcode properly.

Just a thought IF you use that option. We use it here on planned M0/M01 stops and restarts as WE control what the machine is going to do not the RFH function.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RUn From Here BUG

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    HI Guys just a note on doing RFH. THere appears to be a bug in 1 of the RFH options. It is the NO PREP option. When you select it and press CycleStart the ORANGE line that shows where you are at in the Gcode moves all the way to the top (beginning) of teh File and displays totally out of sync to the actual Gcode running. THE Gocde still runs correctly but the Orange line is out of sync and you have no idea what is happening. THe orange indicator show it at the top of the file and the Machine runs the Gcode properly.

Just a thought IF you use that option. We use it here on planned M0/M01 stops and restarts as WE control what the machine is going to do not the RFH function.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
    Didn't notice this yet. I will look and test.
    It seamed like it was very well behaved and code pointer stayed where it should be. I use it on every mill program and i should notice anything strange or confusing. Especially because a couple weeks ago I decided to do some rfh skill building on mill, router and lathe. I setup a series of programs on each machine and tested rfh on all the machines in every way I could think of. I was very impressed at how well it works in every test. I did it so i would be confident in what to expect and how it works. That way when your in the middle of a program and you need to stop machine for some reason i was confident i would not damage my part or crash the machine.

Anyway i will look again!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have noticed an anomaly on RFH as I use it on most all my programs, it is that when its used it doesnt go back to the start of the program when it finishes, instead it stops and calls for the next tool.
    This is a minor thing and it does not affect how it runs, just stops in an odd place when its done instead of going to the end of the program.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

The bug is ONLY with the NO PREP option. The other 2 options seem to work ok.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I have noticed an anomaly on RFH as I use it on most all my programs, it is that when its used it doesnt go back to the start of the program when it finishes, instead it stops and calls for the next tool.
    This is a minor thing and it does not affect how it runs, just stops in an odd place when its done instead of going to the end of the program.
    I do see this.
    Its handy sometimes
    but requires hitting reset button other times to reset the display to start of program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    The bug is ONLY with the NO PREP option. The other 2 options seem to work ok.

(;-) TP

I will have o try the first two as I only am using the third option, thanks

mike sr