Tormach PathPilot WISH LIST (;-) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tormach PathPilot WISH LIST (;-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach PathPilot WISH LIST (;-)

The ISO graphic nicely shows gross problems but it would be really nice to have a numerical display of the maximum Z-axis depth of each tool at the beginning of a run.

Downloads
    Uploads

HI Ken, that is an interesting thought. What would you expect to learn from knowing that ??? PP has a view function that appears to only display the current tool toolpathing would that help ?? I am not sure it actually does that (;-) though.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    HI Ken, that is an interesting thought. What would you expect to learn from knowing that ??? PP has a view function that appears to only display the current tool toolpathing would that help ?? I am not sure it actually does that (;-) though.

(;-) TP
    I might avoid a collision between my vise jaws and a tool! For example, I mostly do one-offs and frequently hold stock with Talon Grips. Typically I cut to within 0.01 or so of the grips. Due to senior moments I sometimes err. It is impossible to see the difference between 0.275 deep and 0.285 deep just by looking at the ISO view but a quick check of the numbers by tool would make such mistakes obvious. There is currently a display of toolpath extents but without tool numbers there is no way to know whether a deep cut is a drill in the centre of the stock or a clearing tool that will collide with the vise jaws.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I see where you are going with that. It really would not be that hard to parse the Gcode from Tool to tool and retrieve the lowest Z value then post it on the screen Just below where it displays the tool length. Then when the tool number changes so does the Z extents for that tool. Good idea (;-)

Have you ever tried to view the toolpath using the current tool only ?? I wonder if the extents change in the display ??

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that function is busted (;-) It sure works ODD.

(;-) TP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234