Newbie Exceeding Machine Max/Min

Thread: Exceeding Machine Max/Min

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Exceeding Machine Max/Min

Hello, I am a total newbie to using the PathPilot Software, but I am attempting to use Fusion360 to manufacture some drawers for the local innovation center. When using PathPilot to simulate the manufacturing process on a Tormach 24r I keep getting the same errors, which display "Program exceeds machine Maximum/Minimum on _ axis. I have tried everything I know to do in Fusion360 in the Setups and Post Process I know to do but can only very slightly change the expected error on PathPilot. If anyone can help that'll be greatly appreciated! I will attach a photo of the error message from PathPilot below. Also, any suggestions to prevent this from happening again would be useful!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exceeding Machine Max/Min-pathpilot-error-jpg  
    Last edited by ColbyGore; 11-18-2021 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Thought I accidentally exposed personal information

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Exceeding Machine Max/Min

It looks like you need to set your offsets x,y,z used in g54 to a place inside the actual machine limits. This needs to be done at the machine not in fusion.
    Hard to say more without an actual clip of what you have setup in fusion. And where your g54 offset is located in cam. And on the machine to see what problem is

Downloads
    Uploads

If you understand offsets and how to set them, this should explain the problem

The example below will generate a similar error when the code is loaded into path pilot at the machine. The reason is the part/ program uses most if not the entire machine envelope or limits making a spoil board.
    This program will error out and not run until you set the g54 offset at a place the entire part or program fits within. in this case its near the back and left 0,0, limit of the machine.
    Attachment 472640

if your part is smaller then the machine limits then it should be no problem to set the g54 x,y,z, offset to any place in that area and it will load and run
    like shown below.

Attachment 472642

this is just a small program with x,y,z located anywhere in the machine envelope and no where near the limits.

note examples are shown using sprutcam with a very accurate machine limits definition and simulation shown. I dont know what fusion uses for such things but it should not matter if it all fits inside the working area of the 24r router machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please send those attachments a second time, they are giving me error messages now?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you understand offsets and how to set them, this should explain the problem

The example below will generate a similar error when the code is loaded into path pilot at the machine. The reason is the part/ program uses most if not the entire machine envelope or limits making a spoil board.
    This program will error out and not run until you set the g54 offset at a place the entire part or program fits within. in this case its near the back and left 0,0, limit of the machine.
    Exceeding Machine Max/Min-spoilboardtoolpathsr1-jpg

if your part is smaller then the machine limits then it should be no problem to set the g54 x,y,z, offset to any place in that area and it will load and run
    like shown below.

Exceeding Machine Max/Min-punisherstencilgtoolpathssmall-jpg

this is just a small program with x,y,z located anywhere in the machine envelope and no where near the limits.

note examples are shown using sprutcam with a very accurate machine limits definition and simulation shown. I dont know what fusion uses for such things but it should not matter if it all fits inside the working area of the 24r router machine.