PathPilot X axis glitch

Thread: PathPilot X axis glitch

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot X axis glitch

Hello Forum

I'm running Path Pilot on a Tormach1100. No problems until yesterday. Referenced machine..........y and z referenced good. X ran past the limit switch and the table hit the mechsnical stop with all the noise expected. Shut down machine. Trouble shooting follows:

Manually activating the Y and Z limit switches gives the expected lights on the status page.

manually activating X gives a "door open" light on the status panel

Software glitch??????

Please advise. THANK YOU

Similar Threads:

Default Re: PathPilot X axis glitch

Which 1100 model do you have selected? The exact name will be shown to the right of the path pilot logo near the Exit button on screen.

On the Settings tab, do you have Enclosure Door Switch checked? Do you have an enclosure door switch wired in?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot X axis glitch

Quote Originally Posted by old-cnc-geek View Post
    Which 1100 model do you have selected? The exact name will be shown to the right of the path pilot logo near the Exit button on screen.

On the Settings tab, do you have Enclosure Door Switch checked? Do you have an enclosure door switch wired in?

It's a Series 3 (excuse me)

Wtth the symptom of tripping the x limit switch and observing the enclosure door switch light up on the status page I reasoned that the Path Pilot software was corrupted.
    The door enclosure switch on my machine guards the motor and pullys.
    PROBABLY because I accidently did not follow proper shut down ettiquate of Path Pilot during the very previous run. Operator induced.
    I wiped the hard drive and reloaded Path Pilot. Problem resolved.

Thank you for responding!