PP 2.7.3

Thread: PP 2.7.3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PP 2.7.3

PathPilot® v2.7.3 Now Available

Highlights:
    • We updated the ATC firmware to make it easier to align the tool shank or BT30 pull stud with the spindle collet. Now, to compensate for any backlash in the tray position, the ATC always approaches the final target position from the same direction. Note: After you update the ATC firmware, we recommend that you check the adjustment of the tray position for a tool change.
    • We improved the usability of the Feed Hold button (and its shortcut on the keyboard, the Space Bar key) in several conditions.
    • We added driver support for newer Realtek 8152/8153 Ethernet chips, which provides wider support for USB to Ethernet adapters.
    • Along with over 20 more issues resolved!
    *Read full release notes for further details

For release notes and more information on this version as well as feature suggestions and issue reporting visit the Tormach website Software Support Section.

Default Re: PP 2.7.3

Based on the various FB groups, it appears this update is bricking a lot of people's ATCs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup. It's killed mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Based on the various FB groups, it appears this update is bricking a lot of people's ATCs.
    Do you have a link or further info. I've lodged a query via the agent we purchased from but currently the whole machine is offline ...

Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
    Do you have a link or further info. I've lodged a query via the agent we purchased from but currently the whole machine is offline ...
    The ATC firmware update process is dependent on usb to the control board in ways beyond normal operation. The only usb devices absolutely necessary during the firmware update are the ATC, a mouse, and keyboard. Unplug everything else and just plug those directly into the controller and try reverting to 2.7.2. That should bring it back online.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, is that the accepted fix from Tormach ? We have the operator console so everything plugs into that, although there is nothing beyond the ATC, wifi dongle and mouse / keyboard. I have tried a rollback to 2.7.2 which did not resolve it.

Just minimize anything USB plugged in during the update - including removing the wifi dongle, shuttle, any usb hubs, etc. Keyboard, mouse, and ATC is all you need for this part. Try that, then boot up with 2.7.2 and try its update - should recover it for now until a new patch update is available. It's not a universal problem, seems to be very specific to USB hubs and other devices.

Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
    Thanks for the reply, is that the accepted fix from Tormach ? We have the operator console so everything plugs into that, although there is nothing beyond the ATC, wifi dongle and mouse / keyboard. I have tried a rollback to 2.7.2 which did not resolve it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm, thanks for the help but that process is not working with our 1100MX with the operator console. Will await further developments from Tormach..

Plug a USB drive in and click the LOGDATA button on the Status tab. Email the resulting log data zip file to pathpilot@tormach.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by old-cnc-geek View Post
    Plug a USB drive in and click the LOGDATA button on the Status tab. Email the resulting log data zip file to pathpilot@tormach.com.
    That has already be done via our agent ..

Well, it hasn't yet been done because I don't see the zip file to analyze it.... Opening a support ticket is a slightly different indirect path and I can't see that until much later tomorrow.

If you email the log data zip yourself to pathpilot@tormach.com, might be able to get you back up quicker.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, it hasn't yet been done because I don't see the zip file to analyze it.... Opening a support ticket is a slightly different indirect path and I can't see that until much later tomorrow.

If you email the log data zip yourself to pathpilot@tormach.com, might be able to get you back up quicker.
    Logfile sent., I put cnczone in the subject line.

Thanks - see it and reviewing...

The log reveals the firmware update completed successfully and is operating as expected.

There's some later general ATC USB communication errors during a program run, but none of that was changed at all with the new firmware. Suspect you may have some USB cabling ends coming loose due to vibration at times or possible interference unrelated to 2.7.3 changes. I don't see in the logs any revert back to 2.7.2. Recheck the usb connections and/or possibly try an alternate cable as a troubleshooting isolating step.

Downloads
    Uploads

The log reveals the firmware update completed successfully and is operating as expected.

There's some later general ATC USB communication errors during a program run, but none of that was changed at all with the new firmware. Suspect you may have some USB cabling ends coming loose due to vibration at times or possible interference unrelated to 2.7.3 changes. I don't see in the logs any revert back to 2.7.2. Recheck the usb connections and/or possibly try an alternate cable as a troubleshooting isolating step.
    All USB connections have been checked and a different cable used. I've done the firmware a couple of times so strange it's not in the log ..

If you're there, pop the lid on the ATC cabinet after pushing in the e-stop button. After unscrewing the e-stop, watch the control board carefully as someone else pushes in the power button. Do you see the any LEDs lighting up on the board as power is gained?

Sounds like something more involved may be going on that just happened to be soon after 2.7.3, but unrelated to the actual firmware itself from what the logs show. Will reply directly to your other email and take this offline for now given the noise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    • Along with over 20 more issues resolved!
    *Read full release notes for further details
    ...where, what, who, when? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...where, what, who, when? LOL
    2.7.3 Release Notes PDF:
    https://tormach.com/docs/download/as...k/asset_id/664

Downloads
    Uploads

If you're there, pop the lid on the ATC cabinet after pushing in the e-stop button. After unscrewing the e-stop, watch the control board carefully as someone else pushes in the power button. Do you see the any LEDs lighting up on the board as power is gained?

Sounds like something more involved may be going on that just happened to be soon after 2.7.3, but unrelated to the actual firmware itself from what the logs show. Will reply directly to your other email and take this offline for now given the noise.
    Just wanted to mention my new 8l lathe has also started acting flakey after this update.
    Is it something more involved going on, maybe. I do think its pp related either way? I am trouble shooting as I get time. I did send an email to tech support about the issue that just started.