Pathpilot problem

Thread: Pathpilot problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pathpilot problem

I was running some parts yesterday that require on the second op to use the "run from here" command, the only one that works for me is the last one in the popup box, the other two revert to a regular start, I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with this?

I rebooted the computer and reloaded Pathpilot and still the same thing.
    I left clicked the line containing the tool, turned the line blue, then right clicked the start from here line using the first selection and it reverts to the first tool instead of the one selected, the same thing happens when the second line is selected as well. The third line did work though.

Any hints kinks or comments welcome......

Similar Threads:
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pathpilot problem

I r-click on line of code and set start line and its green!
    then after doing my business.
    I then choose the way I want to run from that start point.
    99% its run from here no prep. they are planned stops in the code so no prep is safe.

Downloads
    Uploads

thats the only one I could get to work, the other two that took prep went back to the starting tool after a few moves. I should just use the last option then?

thanks for the reply

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    thats the only one I could get to work, the other two that took prep went back to the starting tool after a few moves. I should just use the last option then?

thanks for the reply
    I use the run from here with no prep on every multi side part program.
    I use the other options, if I had unplanned or unexpected stops. But Machine state, tool position and place in code almost needs to be just right for the other 2 options to work without a crash or some other un expected drama. I think with experience and testing you can narrow down what you can get away with and use the other options and save time, tools and drama.
    I dont have enough experience or need to do this, so I never found all the limits and the problems associated with the other options.

Downloads
    Uploads

I make some parts for RC cars, not on a production scale though, and the ones I make require a chamfer on the edges, so the parts have to be flipped on the fixture then the chamfer tool selected and run on the back side of the part from the op 1 program, so run from here is used quite often and I had not tried the first two options.

Path Pilot has been perfect here in every machining operation.

I like to combine ops if I can as I have over a thousand small programs saved in Sprutcam.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to gain more experience to make confident use of the other options.
    I must say for router programs it would be very handy to get it to restart in the middle of a 2 hour operation in the right place and continue. I have but with little confidence in results at times