Bijur type auto luber

Thread: Bijur type auto luber

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bijur type auto luber

IF anyone is interested in using the Bijur type auto luber here is teh code to make it work. It is based on motion. If any axis has motion then it turns on teh timer motor . It only runs if there is axis motion. You add this code to your HAL file and set the pin number to what you plan to use. THis is not totally my code . I snagged a bit of it off the net then modifed it to work with PP and a mesa card (7i80)

###### Lube Pump ################################################## ####
    loadrt comp count=1
    setp comp.0.hyst .01
    setp comp.0.in0 0.0
    net moving comp.0.in1 motion.current-vel
    setp hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.061.is_output 1
    setp hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.061.invert_output 1
    net pump comp.0.equal => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.061.out
    addf comp.0 servo-thread
    ################################################## ####################

(;-) TP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bijur type auto luber

It has always been an annoyance to have the lubricator run when the mill isn't. I usually trip the PDB to stop it.

A few questions:
    Do you power the lubricator with an SSR connected to the controlled pin? If so, any suggestions regarding an appropriate SSR?

Controlling the lubricator is not particularly time critical. Does the code need to be part of the servo thread?

Does PP support both the 7i80 and the 7i92 without user mods?

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting, I’m going to follow this. Mine comes on only after the vfd is enabled and then pulses on the lube units timer until an e-stop. It definitely tends to over oil things when the machine is idling while i mess with cam etc. It would be nice to have it only oil when theres actually axis motion.

Downloads
    Uploads

PP does not support the 7i80 directly while it does support the 7i92. All you do need is a spare ouput pin somewhere (;-) I use a small 24v relay to drive the pump timer motor. The servo thread runs the comparitor so yes it is needed.

Yes it is nice to not have the lube pump overlube the machine. The Bijur cycles every 30 minutes of axis motion and it adjustable as to volume on each stroke of teh piston. Can't get a whole lot better than that.

It also has a oil level switch to warn of low oil level . Working on integrating that as well.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

My mistake -- I was confusing "base thread" with "servo thread". Obviously it should be "servo thread" as you used.
    I have the Tormach automatic oiler and it allows me to set the interval between lubrications and also the amount. Still it is a pain when the mill is left on overnight!

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I can bring in teh low oil switch to a pin then make that drive a named signal and it cycles fine . But now how to create a message to the status page about low oil. Might be better to send it to the message_line on teh toolpath section where you will notice it better. How to do that and where to do it at ??

(;-) TP