Newer computer for a series 3 1100 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newer computer for a series 3 1100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newer computer for a series 3 1100

Look on Amazon for "PVC electrical box". Something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PK6ZDST would probably work for you although you should carefully check the dimensions. It is nice to be able to see the flashing lights inside! I have much more stuff and use a somewhat larger box.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have theoretically got it working at least on the desk ha! It recognizes the machine and will reset so I am about as far as I can go until I try it on the machine.

The up/down to set the jumpers is a bit confusing though as mentioned earlier.

w5 is off/down
    w6 is on/up
    w3 is on/up
    w4 is off/down
    w1 is on/up

The card is a 7i92M for my series 3 1100, there are 3 different versions of it.

These are the settings that work for now on the desk, it may be different on the machine hopefully it will work ok.

This "speedy boot" has cost a few bucks thats for sure, but it was worth it just for something to do in our snowstorms and close to zero weather.

Thanks for everyones input and help with this project!!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

The newer computer is in the 1100 and working, a DB25 female to female gender reverser is needed though, the 7I92M has a DB25 male connector on it and a female is needed for the 1100 S3.
    Other than this little hiccup things went smoothly.
    A bit less than 300 dollars to shave a minute off bootup, maybe not very cost effective but gave me a nice winter project ha!

I have the old computer on my desk and operational (Samsumg 260GB SSD) installed, I like having one that I can work on changes to PP that is more accessible for an old guy.

edit: I used the CD drive connector and power receptacle on the old computer for the SSD, then just unplugged the harddrive. I tried to change the bios to boot to the SSD with no luck, the changes made to it were ignored for whatever reason.

mike sr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123