X-limit change

Thread: X-limit change

Downloads
    Uploads

Default X-limit change

Do to some shortsightedness on my part I need to change the X-axis limit to prevent the table from moving all the way to the left by about an inch until I move some stuff around (only a problem when the Y is all the way out but it's a BIG problem when / if it happens)
    Is there an easy way to change this? (I'm guessing the X zero sets the limit reference?)
    Thanks
    M

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X-limit change

I do this for my non-Tormach machine in the tormach_mill_base.ini file, depending on your machine you might have to pick the appropriate _specific.ini file instead. Your log file near the top will show which specific .ini files were used. Note that there is also an autogenerated .ini file, any edits to that get overwritten everytime you start PathPilot.The autogenerated file has a warning inside at the top as a reminder.

Look for the [AXIS_0] section, in there is MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT. You machine will still home to the limit switch, but Gcode will error out if you go beyond the limits.

You can also add HOME_OFFSET to back the axis off the limit switch farther.

Gerrit

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I think it's the opposite end of home that's giving me a problem (table left all the way)

When you say it get "overwritten everytime you start PathPilot" do you mean I'd have to go in and change this each time I use the machine?
    Thanks
    B

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are referring to teh X softlimit then you can change that setting from teh MDI using an admin comand . Xzero has nothing to do with softlimits . The softlimits are referenced from Machine home which is set with refX using teh home switch.

Hope that helps , (;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes just the soft limit to prevent the table guard from running into the toolbox I positioned to high/close to the stand and now it can run smack into the side of it (imovable object) if I'm not paying attention so until I move the lathe, then the material bins then the toolbox I need to try to prevent it
    M

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    Thanks, I think it's the opposite end of home that's giving me a problem (table left all the way)

When you say it get "overwritten everytime you start PathPilot" do you mean I'd have to go in and change this each time I use the machine?
    Thanks
    B
    If you look at your latest log file it will show which .ini files were used to create the generated one. ls -lt in the configs/tormach_mill will pop the generated file to the top so you can avoid it.Pick one of those to edit. Or use the MDI one mentioned above. I think that would be sticky as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

From memory I am pretty sure you can type In the MDI

ADMIN RESET_SOFT_LIMITS: reset soft limits to INI values
    ADMIN SET_X_LIMIT: set min x soft limit
    ADMIN SET_Y_LIMIT: set min y soft limit
    ADMIN SET_Z_LIMIT: set min Z soft limit

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks I'll try that tonight
    (I just wanted one more drawer to store indicators in and it's been a huge dominoe thing for almost 2 weeks now that's included changing keyboards and mice on my lathe (still working on it booting with a new keyboard/touchpad that it's not happy with) right up to this problem aaaarrrrrg)
    M

Downloads
    Uploads

ADMIN SET_X_LIMIT 16 worked perfectly and stayed after a reboot (updated PP while I was in there)
    Hopefully I can get everything shuffled around to re-gain what X travel I'm loosing
    18" would be what it was default correct?

Thanks again
    M