Need Help! pathpilot - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pathpilot

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pathpilot

Since teh beginning starting at Mach3 the canned cycles were fine. Now in Mach1 there were a bit doggie.

OOPS no subs in teh public versions of PP conversational just teh versions I have here that were never made public. I redid them for the guys in teh shop to use. Sorry (;-)

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have any idea what this error message means ? I have been trying to get TKMessageBox to work in PP with NO luck. I have tried it several different ways but always get the same error message so I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I have been following example of teh web but none of the3m have worked so far and I always get teh same type message. If I knew what the error means perhaps I could figure it out.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1489, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
    File "nc_subs/M150", line 157, in DoIt
    self.messagebox.showinfo("test","test")

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

You are seemingly mixing Tk with Gtk. Nowhere in the PP code is there use of messagebox.
    Try this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...box-with-pygtk

Gerrit

Downloads
    Uploads

You are correct but I am using this in a python window running a Wizard. I am trying to use messagebox to display an error from there.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is something strange here as I cannot even get a simple If statement to work. The error message is invalid syntext.

A = 1
    if A>1 <<<---fails every time

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    There is something strange here as I cannot even get a simple If statement to work. The error message is invalid syntext.

A = 1
    if A>1 <<<---fails every time

(;-) TP
    Well you don't give us much to work on, except that
    Code:
    if A>1
    is indeed invalid syntax.

It should of course be
    Code:
    if A>1:
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally found teh problem. It was how I indented the next line after the IF call. IF it is not correct it will not run.

A=1
    if (A>1):
    do this <<-- this line has to be indented to the right
    do that

Now if I could figure out how to edit a Label text I would just about be done with a Wizard template .I can make teh label and set the label in the fram ok but I cannot go back and edit the label text from script. Seems easy enough to do from example but it does not work for ME.

I tried to lay it all out to be easy to edit for a user to make an operation. It works well here BUT I am used to them (;-) (mach3/mach4/uccnc and now PP)

Probably not much interest for a self contained conversation wizard today but still very handy for me and teh crew at the shop.

update :: there is one more thing I need to be able to do and that is create a button_release event for teh buttons . They now work on a mouse click but not on a button release . I always make wizards to be able to run from a mouse and run without a mouse (keyboard entry). Without a mouse you move through teh fields with the {TAB} key then input values from the keyboard and select a button with {ENTER}

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I finally found what I needed to know about button events you have to use a process called binding to press a button release. Too complicated BUT I did find out that a standard button will respond to a left mouse click AND pressing the {spacebar}. Not exactly perfect, not a standard process like {enter} but it does what I need and is very simple(built in).

I also solved the update label text by simply DESTOYING() the old label and just build a new one in it place . Not the best thing to do but it works.

I am still researching into using [FILTER] to be able to call teh python script(wizard) from a file load instead of a macro call . It seems to work in Linuxcnc but not PP so far. In PP it just loads the file as a text file not as a real working python script.

IF file load will work then it is super easy to use WIZARDS with PP simply load teh file into the GCODE folder along with a supporting image file for teh wizard and then Call it into play same as a gcode program. Double click on teh filename. It should then start the wizard. Super Simple

IF anyone has suggestions on getting [FILTER ] to work I am all ears.

(;-) TP

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieD View Post
    i have pathpilot and cannot even do something as simple as a 1.8125 dia pocket .375 deep. Big problem is with Z end and Z start . if anyone can send me written instructions on how to do this pocket I would greatly appreciate it . I need it to be in the form (as explained to a former instructor when asked how to write an essay) put your pencil on the paper with the lead side down and then write . I do not find pp to be user friendly at all . It would be really nice to have a complete printed manual or at least one that I could cownload,

Thanks in advance ,

ErnieD

Are you trying to do this in conversational? Or in gcode generated from fusion 360 or similar?

If you are talking about conversational mode using the pocket function in the tabs on the screen. You need to first set the x and y location on the drill tab in the spread sheet looking panel. Then go to the pocket tab and set up diameter, z safe, doc etc. Simple as that. If you are in the Houston area I can show you how to use this feature and any other pathpilot questions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123