Ninja Knob patches

Thread: Ninja Knob patches

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ninja Knob patches

I have been using the Moonlight prototype Ninja knob box to control my feedrates etc with no issues. However I am still using Pathpilot 1.9.12 update.
    I have the usb drive to do more current Pathpilot updates. or at least to the last patch Pete issued.

I remember him saying on this Forum some time ago that if the patch detects too much change it cant find its way and bails out.

My problem is Pete is not replying to my emails for some reason. So I have no way of getting these legacy patches so I can update in stages.

I think Tormach has done about 20 updates since the one I am using.

Has any one got these old Ninja knob patches saved, they are willing to send me.

Thanks in advance.

John.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ninja Knob patches

Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
    I have been using the Moonlight prototype Ninja knob box to control my feedrates etc with no issues. However I am still using Pathpilot 1.9.12 update.
    I have the usb drive to do more current Pathpilot updates. or at least to the last patch Pete issued.

I remember him saying on this Forum some time ago that if the patch detects too much change it cant find its way and bails out.

My problem is Pete is not replying to my emails for some reason. So I have no way of getting these legacy patches so I can update in stages.

Has any one got these old Ninja knob patches saved, they are willing to send me.

Thanks in advance.

John.
    moonlightprototype.com is the website.

I have the latest patch of 2.4.3 that I am using now, the others from the 2.xx series are on his website and can be downloaded from there. the 2.4.3 isnt on the website yet, I received it in an email, ATT shut that email address down and I cant access it anymore or I could send it to you. 2.3.6 I used for quite some time and seemed to work OK. Not all versions of PP are bug free, I had a problem today with feedrate when I referenced the machine, (stuck on 10.8 ipm) no mater what I changed it would stay the same feedrate, a reboot fixed it .

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I have to leave the probe plugged in the last few updates or I get an error, earlier versions werent a problem with it unplugged.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply popspipes. The web site has two patches V 1.5 and V1.4 I think I have added one extra patch since I bought the box which may have been V1.1 so there may be a V1.2 and V1.3 patch around somewhere?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ninja Knob patches-ninja-knobs-files-png this is a snip of the thumb drive contents that I have, I have added most if not all of the updates. let me know which ones you would like and I can email them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ninja Knob patches-ninja-knobs-files-png  
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the pendant, website says new patch was released 6/4 but main page doesn’t have it to D/L. Anyone have the patch for PP2.5.2

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post

Thanks in advance.

John.
    I apologize, I have been lousy at posting patches to the website. I will work to get better at that. I am patching up to the latest v2.5.2, please e-mail me again at pete@moonlightprototype.com and we can get ya all caught up.

Thanks,
    Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer56 View Post
    I have the pendant, website says new patch was released 6/4 but main page doesn’t have it to D/L. Anyone have the patch for PP2.5.2

Here is a link to the patch for PPv2.5.2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwW...ew?usp=sharing

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petenc View Post
    Here is a link to the patch for PPv2.5.2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwW...ew?usp=sharing

thanks Pete, installed perfect.....

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

It may or may not be related but after updating to 2.5.2 and using Pete's latest patch my 4th axis homing no longer works and I get an alarm saying probe or tool setter input changed during movement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ally-g View Post
    It may or may not be related but after updating to 2.5.2 and using Pete's latest patch my 4th axis homing no longer works and I get an alarm saying probe or tool setter input changed during movement.
    I have been getting that error message since the v2.4.2 series, have no idea why. I just restart the program, its just a nussiance as I always get it at the start of a program as the Z starts down.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

After reverting back to 2.3.6 which did work and still does I updated to 2.4.0 and it and all subsequent updates have the same problem.As I have a homing proximity sensor permanently mounted on the 4th axis and all my offsets work off this home then I am going to have to stay on 2.3.6 until the problem is resolved and unfortunately 2.3.6 seems to have some probing issues as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

After reverting back to 2.3.6 which did work and still does I updated to 2.4.0 and it and all subsequent updates have the same problem.As I have a homing proximity sensor permanently mounted on the 4th axis and all my offsets work off this home then I am going to have to stay on 2.3.6 until the problem is resolved and unfortunately 2.3.6 seems to have some probing issues as well.
    I want to make sure I understand. Your 4th axis prox and probe are working fine before the patch is applied? I will get it fixed asap, I haven't heard of this being an issue. Not that I haven't had weirdness before.

Thanks,
    Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response Pete but no I don't think it is anything to do with your patch,I think it is something introduced into pathpilot at version 2.4.0

Downloads
    Uploads

I am having the problem with this error message during a program now, I had to restart three different times on the same part, luckily it wasnt something critical, I like the new updates but the new bugs they introduce makes me wonder if its worthwhile...........

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I have sent a bug report to Tormach and they have said they are looking into it so we shall see what happens.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not had much progress on this and have sent another inquiry to Tormach.Reverting back to 2.3.6 got around the 4th axis homing problems but the probing routine problems in this version are a bit frustrating.I got around some of them by swapping the subroutines for older ones that worked.Perhaps I could do this for the homing routine,does anyone know where they are.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have had a rely from Tormach and they are going to look into it.