Updated to Pathpilot V2.4 and now ATC is not working.......

Thread: Updated to Pathpilot V2.4 and now ATC is not working.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Updated to Pathpilot V2.4 and now ATC is not working.......

I was using PP V1.9 with no problem and everything was running fine. I just updated to V2.4 and the ATC is all acting crazy. Anybody have this experience ? Talked to Tormach, but not much help so far, saying i should check the wires...... and I did, they are all good. ATC been working fine for years and stopped working the second the PP was updated, so I doubt it is the wires.
    Anybody knows where to download V1.9 the 2.0 vibes the drive and I do not have a copy

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Updated to Pathpilot V2.4 and now ATC is not working.......

Anybody having the path pilot CD that came with version 1 ? ill be happy to pay for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

When I first received my slant pro, I had updated to whatever was available at the time. Then I was trying to find out how to adjust the backlash in the .ini or whatever file. I looked on youtube and found a video that showed me how to get onto the desktop during boot up and what files I was supposed to adjust.

I did what the video showed and after a reboot, PP found an error and kicked me back to the old version that came stock on the lathe.

Not saying this is what you should do....but if it came down to it.

It does sound like the new version uses different output channels for the ATC driver/motor and a simple wire swap would do the trick. If you don't want to try the above, can't find an old CD, might ask for pictures on the wiring for a new model. Or is that available on their website?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by beck2595 View Post
    Anybody having the path pilot CD that came with version 1 ? ill be happy to pay for it.
    No cd it comes on a usb stick. Search the forum there was a thread that explained how to create it.
    How did you perform update? I download updates to a computer and then copy to a usb stick and take to control for software updates. I bet there is a copy of almost every update from release to current version in that directory.

Downloads
    Uploads

V2 comes on a USB V1 is a CD, all the V1 versions available on Tormachs site, still requires a V1 CD and Tormach no longer sell those, so it makes it really hard to go back to V1 ones you update to V2. SO from having a machine working just fine, the update made it non working. SO anyone that has a CD or know where to download, I am very interested and happy to pay. just need machine to work again. It is a Mill 1100.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can download pathpilot versions back to at least v 1.8.2 from the Tormach website. Go to the support tab then the pathpilot updates tab. There's a button labled see older versions, pick that and it will show you the older ones.

Good Luck

Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Terry

All those versions require that you already have the CD, they will not run without it. So ones you update to V2 you can not go back without having the CD.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that, my bad, wish i could help but I don't have the CD either.

Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MFchief View Post
    Sorry to hear that, my bad, wish i could help but I don't have the CD either.

Terry
    +1
    Will look, but off hand all I see is old tormach version of mach on cd.

edit; guess it could still be in the cd drive on old controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried reverting back to an earlier version of 2.0? That is relatively easy to do and all the previous versions are on the tormach support page.

mike sr