PathPilot and NO run from here function

Thread: PathPilot and NO run from here function

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot and NO run from here function

Using the latest PP version I do not see a Run From Here function. DId I miss something ?? Running files in teh 300K - 500K line count not having a RFH function is a deal breaker.

(;-) TP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot and NO run from here function

Scroll to the line you want, right click mouse, set start line - is this not in the latest version??

'Set Start Line' is the actual name of the context menu item.

And newer versions of PathPilot even have that available in a 'hamburger menu' in the upper right which is touch screen friendly (since with a touchscreen you don't have "right mouse click").

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry Guys but that is not a Run from Here function. Not even close. It is simply a set next line function. That won't cut it for a restart function.

(;-) TP

Please clarify the distinction in your mind between "run from here" and "set start line"

I don't see any difference at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Sorry Guys but that is not a Run from Here function. Not even close. It is simply a set next line function. That won't cut it for a restart function.

(;-) TP
    You need to clarify what you want? I've used 'set start line' more than a few times to run the program from a specific operation point, when I've either broken a tool, or need to adjust a cutting parameter and go back and do it again. What it doesn't do is start the spindle or the coolant...you have to do that yourself. Other wise, 'set start line' is **exactly** 'run from here'....

Downloads
    Uploads

Try useing it to restart on an arc (;-) . It also does not rspect teh modal values that should be in play and does not start teh spindle. It also does not do a safe return to position as it only goes in a straight line From XYZ back to teh restart point.. It should goto XY then down to z.

Not my first rodeo fellows, (;-) TP

Thanks - that's helpful. Perhaps they'll be able to add some of this.

Most use cases I've seen are restarting at the last tool change - which usually has a lot of this already by its nature ('park where its safe to change a tool and then restart').

Downloads
    Uploads

Try useing it to restart on an arc (;-) . ) TP
    Good point - never tried that I've usually just gone back to a previous safe point between cuts, or the start of particular operation.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can get really close by rewriting some of teh G30 code to use it as a return and restart function. It can do everything needed EXCEPT do teh actual run from line at that point . It always reverts back to teh beginning of teh program. I cannot get it to restart from teh Run From Line. There is a glitch in PathPilot . I am trying to create a work around. So far Close but no cigar for RFH.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

IF this helps anyone here is a proceedure to do a RFH function in PathPilot.

From Running Gcode

STOP

from MDI G30.1 M80

Do what ever you need

From MDI M81 G30

In Gcode window select teh restart from line (left click)

Then Right click and select Run From Line

CycleStart to restart.

This will restart in an arc as well. I am trying to roll it all into a 2 part function 1 gather all data 2 Restart . The problem so far is finding what teh Start From Line code is and can you apply teh line number to that function. As is it appears to be a mouse click function. I also modified teh G30 code to first move up to Zhome, THEN move in XY to teh restart position and then lower Z back to the restart position. I also can turn on teh spindle and coolant from code

So it is possible to do a proper RUN FROM HERE in PathPilot so Tormach really needs to add this function to PathPilot (;-) But that is my opinion theirs may vary.

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that a "run/continue from here" that walks through the modal state and applies all the right bits to continue would be valuable!
    (it doesn't need to start/stop motor/coolant/relays while pre-rolling; just apply the state it arrives at in the end)

This may be tricky for cases where there are conditional breaks, reads from inputs (to wait for pallet ready,) and so forth.
    Most users probably don't do too much with those, and for those who do, it would be possible to remember what path the code took for each line in the past using a small amount of memory in the controller, because you only need to remember lines where you didn't just run the next line.

Currently, I end up scrolling backwards until the previous tool change, and set that as start-line. Even a simple "find reverse" function or even "scroll to previous/next stop" in the Gcode window would help with that!

Downloads
    Uploads

" walks through the modal state and applies all the right bits " That is what teh M80 /M81 does. The M80 gatheres the current modal states and teh M81 reapplies them. The G30 gathers teh stopped positions and teh G30 returns to those saved positions.

So far that combo seems to work well here to be able to RUN FROM HERE..

NOW that is I only used it to restart from exactly where it stopped at (;-) I have not tried a cold restart and RFH yet. Working on it

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are M80 and M81 documented? I had never heard of them before.

Downloads
    Uploads

The M80 gathers teh Modal states and teh G81 reapplies them. BUT they do not gather all modal states as I found out searching thorught teh M80 code , just a few.

They are some of teh Mcodes that Tormach does not talk about.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the quick response, but could you expand on it? Which modal states are saved/restored by M80/M81?

Downloads
    Uploads

... They are some of teh Mcodes that Tormach does not talk about. (;-) TP
    These are just remapped codes created by Tormach for specific purposes. That's why they say "note this is for INTERNAL USEby Tormach" ... "Not to be release to the public".
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

You also have M70/M71 which saves even MORE modal states. There is nothing SECRET about saving modals LinuxCNC has been doing it for a long time now.

M80 just does not save as many as M70.

(;-) TP