what code for a tool change to eliminate the user confirmation pop up - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what code for a tool change to eliminate the user confirmation pop up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what code for a tool change to eliminate the user confirmation pop up

Thanks for posting your macros. Have you seen this video? He moves the winerack out of the way when milling.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what code for a tool change to eliminate the user confirmation pop up

I had not seen that one. I had thought about something l similar to that, it would be very simple and inexpensive to add the air cylinder and code to actuate it, but the way I was thinking the enclosure was not giving enough space to get the tools completely out of the way.

Downloads
    Uploads

He moves the winerack out of the way when milling
    OK, THAT is slick :-)
    Looks like he's using BT30 for better holding, too.

Downloads
    Uploads

yea, pretty cool, I guess it's a automate or Smithy CNC . here's one he's got a hood on the tools too, very nice job.

Downloads
    Uploads

I really should have abandoned this project long ago, but I had to see it through. This is what I ended up with, it works well and doesn’t take any machining space.
    I’ve tested it a few times and it works really well. I haven’t had a failure or crash with it so far though I know it’s bound to happen one day. I’ve raised the feed on tool changes a little since making this video but to be safe it still takes about 30 sec’s chip to chip when changing tools.
    I think this will be useful in the future and only cost me about $200 and some time. I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a lot..

I appreciate the help guys, got me pointed in the right direction and helped me learn the code I needed to make this work.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is hard to see in the video but why do you need two pneumatic cylinders to move the wine rack?

Downloads
    Uploads

It is 2 pneumatic cylinders, but only 1 is hooked to air , the 2nd cylinder is filled with oil and a needle valve acting like a dampener to control movement. Without it, even at low air pressure, it slammed in and out and actually would throw the tools out of the rack. I need to get little bit of air left in it bleed out and maybe even some lighter weight oil in it to speed it up a little and stop the jerk it has when retracting.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was considering using a commercial damper but that sounds like a good and inexpensive solution. Thanks for the idea!

Downloads
    Uploads

I wasn’t sure it would work but I was thinking of how a horiz. bandsaw feed works and thought it might work for this too. I was able to find the air cylinder for $24 so wasn’t out a lot of it failed. But luckily it works well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12