Recalling a Program in PP?

Thread: Recalling a Program in PP?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recalling a Program in PP?

If I write a program in PP, then at a later time use the same application to code different program, is there a way to recall the previous one? I'm still waiting for the carrier pigeon to bring my PP 2.x.x so I'm in PP 1.9.13.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recalling a Program in PP?

I'm assuming you are talking about the conversational side of PP. If so, you save the file. If you change it, use the SAVE AS. If you want to alter a conversational program use the CONVERSATIONAL EDIT button.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    I'm assuming you are talking about the conversational side of PP. If so, you save the file. If you change it, use the SAVE AS. If you want to alter a conversational program use the CONVERSATIONAL EDIT button.
    Yes, I should've specified the conversational feature. I know how to edit a conversational program in PP as long as I haven't created a subsequent program in the same conversational feature. Eg. today I write a OD turning program in PP and save it as Turning One.nc. Then at a later time I write an unrelated turning application called Turning Two.nc. Later on I want to make some changes to Turning One.nc It seems that I'm unable to recall Turning One.nc in PP's conversational feature. All I can get is Turning Two.nc. Of course I can edit the original by using alt e, but it would be convenient to be able to recall Turning One.nc in conversational and tweak it there. There must be a way to do it but I'm just beginning to use conversational having usually just manually coded, though I do use F360 if compound curves etc. are involved.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, super simple. I do it all the time. However, I'm not at the machine right now but I think this is how it's done.

Go to the file menu, click on the file you want to edit, over on the right side there should be something that says conversational edit and one that says conventional edit or something. If you click on the conversational one it gives you a dialog tree, click on the feature you want to edit and then hit edit. It should take you to the file. I'll be back out in the shop later this afternoon. I'll try and shoot a quick video on how to do this and post it up.

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I'll give that a try this morning.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a try this morning.
    Tormach has a QuickTip video showing how to do this on a mill. The lathe works in the same manner.

The Tormach Quick Tips are worth watching, They've put lots of thought into PathPilot and created some very useful features.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I got to Edit Conv but didn't know what to do from there. I think I've got it now and will give it a try tomorrow.