PPV2.1.4 Questions

Thread: PPV2.1.4 Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PPV2.1.4 Questions

I have been using v2.1.4 the last few days, programs run fine but I am having trouble editing the code. I used to edit code in the program that is loaded by hitting file and edit button. This time it wouldnt let me edit the working file, it wanted to edit the file on the usb stick, removing the stick then clicking edit again it brought up a blank screen instead of letting me edit the program in memory??

I reloaded the program and now it edits fine even when the usb stick is removed.

I have never had a problem with PP before, it may have been something I didnt do correctly??

any input appreciated, thanks

Similar Threads:
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PPV2.1.4 Questions

PathPilot does not edit files in memory. You always edit the files on disk.
    Typically, you will copy the file from USB to internal hard disk, and then edit it.
    The "edit" button simply looks at the file in the directory of the file system, and starts the built-in Linux text editor (I think gEdit?) on that file.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    Typically, you will copy the file from USB to internal hard disk, and then edit it.
    The "edit" button simply looks at the file in the directory of the file system, and starts the built-in Linux text editor (I think gEdit?) on that file.
    Thanks for the reply,

I havent had the problem again, the edit feature was editing the USB stick file for some reason instead of the file on the computer, as it was still plugged in, removing it caused the blank edit screen. I should have removed The USB stick after loading the file but did not, live and learn............

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    I edit mine all the time. Run a part, see a change I want to make, click on file, then click GEdit, fix, save, re-run the part.....

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I havent had the problem again, the edit feature was editing the USB stick file for some reason instead of the file on the computer, as it was still plugged in, removing it caused the blank edit screen. I should have removed The USB stick after loading the file but did not, live and learn............
    When usb memory stick is active the pp file display screen splits to show both hdd and usb, Easy I bet to open the usb file and not notice it. I always move files to hdd first to avoid confusion. Going to hard wire network fixes most of the common sneaker net file transfers errors.

I must say this program just gets better and better. I swear my mills accuracy has improved recently. Could be a number of factors and having everything tuned and not pp but I like what I see either way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    When usb memory stick is active the pp file display screen splits to show both hdd and usb, Easy I bet to open the usb file and not notice it. I always move files to hdd first to avoid confusion. Going to hard wire network fixes most of the common sneaker net file transfers errors.

I must say this program just gets better and better. I swear my mills accuracy has improved recently. Could be a number of factors and having everything tuned and not pp but I like what I see either way.
    I think my problem was that I hadnt used the new version, after getting a bit used to the differences it works fine, just a bit different than the earlier version editing files etc.

mike sr