Backup & Edit Tool Table

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Backup & Edit Tool Table

  1. #1
    Registered RA-Bowtie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sydney - Australia
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Backup & Edit Tool Table

    G'day guys,

    I'm running the latest version of PP 2.?

    I read somewhere that you can export the tool table as a CSV file.

    I'm assuming that you can import the file into MS Excel and edit it?

    I can't even find the info on how to export it as a CSV.

    Any help would be really be appreciated.

    Michael

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    571
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Backup & Edit Tool Table

    Quote Originally Posted by RA-Bowtie View Post
    G'day guys,
    I'm running the latest version of PP 2.?
    I read somewhere that you can export the tool table as a CSV file.
    I'm assuming that you can import the file into MS Excel and edit it?
    I can't even find the info on how to export it as a CSV.
    Any help would be really be appreciated.
    Michael
    If you're running the latest version of PP you should find what you're looking for in the offsets tab:

    Backup & Edit Tool Table-export_import-copy-png

    Step



  3. #3
    Registered RA-Bowtie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sydney - Australia
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Backup & Edit Tool Table

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
    If you're running the latest version of PP you should find what you're looking for in the offsets tab:

    Backup & Edit Tool Table-export_import-copy-png

    Step
    Thanks for that... You know, I never noticed those buttons before
    So, can you edit the CSV file in Excel, or you have to use a text editor?

    Michael



  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Backup & Edit Tool Table

    Excel works fine. So does text editor of course. Its all just CSV format for flexibility.

    I've noticed in 2.1.3 that importing the CSV file has an issue where it incorrectly divides the diameter in the file by 2 on the way in. The exported file is correct, its the import process that has the issue. But the beta I've been testing has that resolved and should be out soon.



  5. #5
    Registered RA-Bowtie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sydney - Australia
    Posts
    166
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Backup & Edit Tool Table

    Quote Originally Posted by old-cnc-geek View Post
    Excel works fine. So does text editor of course. Its all just CSV format for flexibility.

    I've noticed in 2.1.3 that importing the CSV file has an issue where it incorrectly divides the diameter in the file by 2 on the way in. The exported file is correct, its the import process that has the issue. But the beta I've been testing has that resolved and should be out soon.
    I did a sample file, just to test how this works and all the numbers seem to be wrong.... I'll double check and see if they're being halved.

    The other thing I did notice, is that the tool table will export in Imperial, even if you are working in Metric.
    Now that makes life difficult!

    Michael



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Backup & Edit Tool Table

Backup & Edit Tool Table