Jogging error

Thread: Jogging error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jogging error

I have a new error, never had it before, starting a program it will give a "probe jogging error during an MDI move" and shuts the program down. When I reset the program and restart it the same error happens. A reset and reload of the program fixed it for one run then it reappeared.

I did install a renishaw MI8 interface a few months back, I am wondering if that is causing the error??

any insight appreciated....... new one on me......

Similar Threads:
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jogging error

The problem seems to be heat related, opened the electrical cabinet door for a few minutes and the problem went away, the program started fine.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the error is the result of a state change in the signal from the probe while moving. I suppose that could be a temperature related issue and the MI8 or perhaps vibrations are causing the contacts on your Renishaw probe to open for a fraction of a second.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I believe the error is the result of a state change in the signal from the probe while moving. I suppose that could be a temperature related issue and the MI8 or perhaps vibrations are causing the contacts on your Renishaw probe to open for a fraction of a second.
    It hasnt done it since, the probe isnt connected to the interface, we will just have to see how it plays out.

thanks for the input

mike sr