An observation

Thread: An observation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default An observation

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just downloaded the latest Pathpilot to my Slantpro lathe. When I went to use the lathe and loaded a conversational tool path I noticed the carriage would not retract away from the spindle like it did prior to the download. It seems the carriage would go to the last G30 setting. Am I missing something?

Pete

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: An observation

Quote Originally Posted by gt40man View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just downloaded the latest Pathpilot to my Slantpro lathe. When I went to use the lathe and loaded a conversational tool path I noticed the carriage would not retract away from the spindle like it did prior to the download. It seems the carriage would go to the last G30 setting. Am I missing something?
    Can't you just move the carriage to where you want your "safe height to be, and push the "SET G30" button? After that, it should stay at that position until you reset it again.

Or does it change after you do that?

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: An observation

yes I can do that but I seem to recall it used to automatically retract no matter what g code I loaded when I hit cycle start. Now it dosen't and I do have to manually move the carraige back and reset G30