PP 2.1.1

Thread: PP 2.1.1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PP 2.1.1

PathPilot v21.1 is now available for download from Tormach.com
    In This Version-
    Please be sure to read the release notes for a complete summary of all enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

All
    • Added an option to import and export the tool table as a .csv file.
    • When editing conversational job assignments, the G-code preview now uses the same syntax highlighting and line numbering as the G-code preview .
    • If a touch screen is installed, the calibration utility is automatically started during the initial setup.
    • Added tooltips to provide detailed information for many areas of the interface.
    • To make it easier to update the software,we added a network name to the filename of the automatic settings backup.
    • If the network name is changed, the network file sharing is now automatically restarted,and doesn't require a power cycle
    • We improved the diagnostic ability when using more than one USB M-Code I/O Interface Kit.
    • To see the time, you can now click the PathPilot® logo. Right-click the time to adjust it if it is incorrect.

Mills
    • We expanded the tool table to allow up to 1000 tools.
    • In the Probe tab, there is now an option to probe the inside corner of a part.
    • We added support for the 1100M® and 770M® mills.
    Fixed Issues:

All
    • We added error messages that display if a USB M-Code I/O Interface Kit is enabled, but not properly connected or detected, to prevent starting a G-code program with integration M-code that's dependent on the USB M-Code I/O Interface Kit.
    • We fixed issues where:
    o By default, Samba shares with Windows 10 didn't work
    o M98 sometimes called the subroutine fewer or more times than the L word called for
    o Our error suppression logic hid a warning on the tool path preview
    o The Zero Height Gauge button was missing from the Offsets tab, so we restored the button for use with a height gauge
    o In rare situations, trajectory planning didn't properly fall back to parabolic blending, which resulted in a brief pause
    o When using a touchscreen, it briefly lost calibration during a software update
    o When editing conversational program files, G59.n work offsets were reset to G59
    • We now consistently treat the ENTER key on an extended keyboard(next to the numeric keypad) the same as the normal ENTER key.
    • In the Tool Table,we added search functionality for tool descriptions.
    • To search for a tool description:
    1. On the Tool Table, click a tool number.Then, type the desired text to search. A search box appears, and the Tool Table scrolls to the first tool description that matches the search.
    2. Use the UP ARROW or the DOWN ARROW to move between search matches.
    3. Press ENTER on the keyboard to stop searching
    Mills
    • When using an Automatic Tool Changer(ATC), we fixed issues where:
    o After the first tool change,the Find Rectangular Boss Center routine from the Probe tab failed
    o After manually changing a tool, the tool assignment wasn't removed from the tool tray,even if indicated
    • We fixed issues where:
    o When using conversational programming to make a pocket routine, the feedrate was sometimes output as zero
    o When using an A word, a 360 degree G2 move had a feedrate lower than the F word
    o When using DXF in conversational programming, a Z move was sometimes commanded before the first tool change and a G43 offset was applied
    • We added support for an alternate USB interface chip that's used with an ATC.
    Lathe
    • In conversational profiling, we fixed an issue where an error was received if the profile wasn't complete to the edge of the stock.

For release notes and more information on this version as well as issue tracking and reporting visit the PathPilot Software Center.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PP 2.1.1

It looks like some good additions/fixes that we've been asking for are included:
    CSV import/export of tool table

1000 element tool table

In rare situations, trajectory planning didn't properly fall back to parabolic blending, which resulted in a brief pause

Downloads
    Uploads

This update also performed a firmware update on my mesa card.

I like bubble help that pops up everywhere. It can be a little distracting if mouse cursor happens to get bumped and lands on a control or field while working and the window pops up. No big deal I just keep mouse cursor in tool path screen.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm looking forward to some of the changes (particularly the path blending fix) but am wary of new problems introduced. Have others upgraded? Does the tool table seamless move to the new format? Any gotcha encountered?

Downloads
    Uploads

I can check for updates, and click "Install" to download it. It creates the settings backup, and then ... nothing.
    The v2.1.1.tgp file exists in the updates/ directory, but it appears to not actually apply?
    I'm running v2.0.1 -- any ideas for how to debug this? Does the upgrader leave a log file somewhere?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I'm looking forward to some of the changes (particularly the path blending fix) but am wary of new problems introduced. Have others upgraded? Does the tool table seamless move to the new format? Any gotcha encountered?
    I upgraded without incident. The tool table was copied appropriately, and I haven't noticed any new bugs or inconveniences.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Fixed the feed pause problem noted in other thread I had. "guessing this is the path blending your talking about" No other problems just a little annoyed with the pop up help. I load programs and run them. I don't use probe or conversational stuff much so I would not notice errors in that part of the program.
    I did a few parts for my lawnmower this weekend that were fun. Sprutcam was being a pain "normal if im in a hurry " but PP is drama free for me

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats good to know, I have had the delay/pause in my programs as well. I was going to upgrade but the popups may be good, but sound as if they could be a pain as well.

mike sr

Popup help is easily turned off if you're an experienced operator - look at the settings tab. I found that they added an override. If you have tool tips turned off, but want them for just one button or something, hold down a shift key and then move the mouse to hover - bingo.

Downloads
    Uploads

How does the popup help work on a touch screen?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by old-cnc-geek View Post
    Popup help is easily turned off if you're an experienced operator - look at the settings tab. I found that they added an override. If you have tool tips turned off, but want them for just one button or something, hold down a shift key and then move the mouse to hover - bingo.
    Good to know!
    I was just a little annoyed with the pop up help . Not enough to shut off at this point.