PathPilot 2.02

Thread: PathPilot 2.02

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot 2.02

The recent update of PP, 2.02, has speeds and feeds built into the conversation screens now. You have to give your tools meaningful descriptions in the offsets tab, but it is kind of cool.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot 2.02

I loaded 2.02 this afternoon. I was checking out the feeds and speeds mentioned in this thread, and the software completely locked up. I could not get anything to work to free it up so I had to hard reboot. After that it seemed to work fine and I did not duplicate the issue again but did not really try to as I was checking out several of the new things in this release.

The conversational feeds and speeds for the mill only had Aluminum and plastic as main selections, with sub-selections for 6061, 2024, etc. for aluminum, and ABS, HDPE, delrin, etc. for plastic. It looked like they only provide a single feed and speed for any aluminum selection and one for any plastic selection at this time. I did not see a mention of "if" or how the user can update the tables in the release notes. If not, then Tormach must plan to expand that in a future update.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was notified that PP2.02 is available via the UI, clicked OK, it downloaded the update and started to install. You then must agree to the license agreement after displaying it to the end. Unfortunately touch screen operation is not available at this point. A small problem if you don't have a mouse!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tbkahuna View Post
    I loaded 2.02 this afternoon. I was checking out the feeds and speeds mentioned in this thread, and the software completely locked up. I could not get anything to work to free it up so I had to hard reboot. After that it seemed to work fine and I did not duplicate the issue again but did not really try to as I was checking out several of the new things in this release.

The conversational feeds and speeds for the mill only had Aluminum and plastic as main selections, with sub-selections for 6061, 2024, etc. for aluminum, and ABS, HDPE, delrin, etc. for plastic. It looked like they only provide a single feed and speed for any aluminum selection and one for any plastic selection at this time. I did not see a mention of "if" or how the user can update the tables in the release notes. If not, then Tormach must plan to expand that in a future update.
    The material data is in files located in the folder /Operator/tmc/material_data

The files are .csv format and can be edited in Excel or any other spreadsheet program, or even just a text editor.

The files are ...

drill-diam-to-ipr.csv
    lathe-pns-other.csv
    material-data.csv
    mill-stepover.csv
    tooling-part-numbers.csv

I did a quick test and added a "Steel" section to material-data.csv, and it showed up in the conversational dialogs.

Also, you can add other part numbers to the tooling-part-numbers.csv table, which would allow you to recall them quickly in the offset dialog.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I was notified that PP2.02 is available via the UI, clicked OK, it downloaded the update and started to install. You then must agree to the license agreement after displaying it to the end. Unfortunately touch screen operation is not available at this point. A small problem if you don't have a mouse!
    Can you use the Tab (and Alt?) keys to navigate to and click the "Ok" button?

Downloads
    Uploads

Possibly but it didn't occur to me to try. I plugged in a real mouse and all was good. I don't have a good mouse surface beside my keyboard so I don't normally have a mouse available. My problem is solved but I thought that a quick heads up might save someone a little frustration.

Downloads
    Uploads

Upgraded to 2.02 this morning. Touchscreen worked fine throughout. Only issue I had was dropbox stopped syncing - quick fix.

So far has run smoothly for ~8 hours and >100 tool changes.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

I too ran parts most of yesterday with no unwelcome surprises.

I have no idea why the touch screen worked for your but not for me. My touch screen has worked perfectly for at least a year but was completely non-responsive when I was asked to agree to their license agreement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I don't have a good mouse surface beside my keyboard so I don't normally have a mouse available.
    I solve that little problem by using a cherry keyboard with integrated touchpad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PathPilot 2.02-keyboard-jpg

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I like what they are doing with this product. Tool table enhancements are welcome and easy to use. I tend to purchase cutters from tormach and just entering a inventory number of something obscure like a thread mill puts a complete description of it on that line. Made it simple to change half the descriptions in my tool table. Colored g code makes for fast verification of what the machine is doing and what the user should do.

Downloads
    Uploads

I updated last evening to 2.02, the settings restore brought back everything but the tool table, I guess it had to be saved individually?? I can reenter that, really not a big deal other than it takes a bit of time.
    Software seems to work fine.

Getting it installed was a real job for me, kinda like trying to figure out a goverment form.............

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    I solve that little problem by using a cherry keyboard with integrated touchpad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PathPilot 2.02-keyboard-jpg
    I bought a "man and machines" keyboard, it is waterproof but not oil proof, silicone and oil do not play well together! Also the key pressure varies to enter the keystroke. I sure would like to find one that was chip proof and made a click as the keys are pressed so I know that the key press was entered.

EDIT: The silicone outer cover dried out eventually and the cover shrunk back down to normal................thats a good thing!!

Last edited by popspipes; 04-09-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: more info
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I updated last evening to 2.02, the settings restore brought back everything but the tool table, I guess it had to be saved individually?? I can reenter that, really not a big deal other than it takes a bit of time.
    Software seems to work fine.

Getting it installed was a real job for me, kinda like trying to figure out a goverment form.............
    What version did you perform backup on?

I followed the backup instructions for version 1.9.13. Then installed new controller and updated it to 2.02. Followed the instruction and restored the only file it backed up and it restored all my tools,offsets ..... Was kind of spooky using new version and a restore of setting but it was fine and correct as far as I can tell anyway.

Last edited by mountaindew; 04-10-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: wrong version number typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    What version did you perform backup on?

I followed the backup instructions for version 1.9.3. Then installed new controller and updated it to 2.02. Followed the instruction and restored the only file it backed up and it restored all my tools,offsets ..... Was kind of spooky using new version and a restore of setting but it was fine and correct as far as I can tell anyway.
    I updated to 1.9.13 as instructed, installed 2.02 and updated, it was all there except for the tool table, probably something I did wrong. I unzipped the file on my windows machine and tool table is listed there, so I didnt do something correct most probably.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

It isn't too late. Just move the saved backup to somewhere on you PP machine or to a USB drive and issue the ADMIN SETTINGS RESTORE command in the MDI.