Need Help! Read only share

Thread: Read only share

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Read only share

I have been moving files from my Windows CAD/CAM machine to PP using the SMB share since converting to a PP beta years ago. All has worked perfectly. Today, I powered up my 770 and I can read files in the gcode directory (and subfolders) but all attempts to replace/delete any of the PP files from my Windows machine fail with an "Access denied" error. I can delete the same files from the PP UI and there is ample free space on the PP disk. I am not aware of making any changes to PP or to Windows. The smb.conf.share control file appears to be as expected. Suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Read only share

My guess (since windows sucks at this stuff) is that its your windows box. Have you tried rebooting? Alternatively.... if you have mapped a drive from windows to PP, delete it and recreate it. Alternate alternatively, bring up a cmd window and type in "net use". This will show all your remote connections. If you see your pp connection listed in remote, remove it by typing in "net use /delete whatever_path_is_listed_in_remote". i.e. "net use /delete \\tormachpcnc\gcode"

Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 w/ Rapid Turn, Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

I figured it out!
    I had forgotten that I had established a persistent connection to my PP machine from Windows without specifying a username/password (a GUEST logon). That "user" has read but not write access to the gcode and lower level directories. When I attempted to logon with proper credentials (workgroupperater pcnc) I was connected as a GUEST but with no error message. Issuing at "net use \\pcnc770\operator /delete" from Windows cured the problem.

I apologize for my stupidity but perhaps someone will be helped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you sorted it!

Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 w/ Rapid Turn, Fusion 360