Need Help! Which updates to install?

Thread: Which updates to install?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which updates to install?

Im just transitioning to PP and have heard that there have been some issues regarding some of the updates. Should I update "all the way" to the most current iteration or stop short at a certain update?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which updates to install?

Each update has its own selection of issues. That said, I've had rather few problems although I've used most versions starting with the Beta and am now happily making parts with 1.9.3. It is probably prudent to let each new version "age" for a week or two prior to installation!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ive installed the latest with so far no issues.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this just done with a thumb drive or can I plug an Ethernet cable directly into the controller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Download the desired version from Tormach (updates are about 12MB), copy the file to a USB drive, insert USB drive in an available slot. In PP click "Update" on the Settings screen and follow the prompts. The identification of the version currently installed is displayed near the bottom right corner of the PP screens. I believe that the latest is 1.9.3. At least that is what I'm running.

It may be possible to update over Ethernet but that is not the recommended procedure and I have no idea how to do it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Download the desired version from Tormach (updates are about 12MB), copy the file to a USB drive, insert USB drive in an available slot. In PP click "Update" on the Settings screen and follow the prompts. The identification of the version currently installed is displayed near the bottom right corner of the PP screens. I believe that the latest is 1.9.3. At least that is what I'm running.

It may be possible to update over Ethernet but that is not the recommended procedure and I have no idea how to do it.

Thank ya much!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tormach states that you can skip updates and jump to the most current. I am also using 1.9.3 and I have no issues with axis control paths. I am currently running a 10K line program and the Z axis DTG does not update unless I single step. Then when the machine pauses the Z axis DTG does update. The X & Y are fine not sure why the Z would have this behavior as it is updated way less frequently than X or Y.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Little_chips,
    Is your controller an off-the-shelf controller from Tormach or have you used a different computer and installed PP?
    Bevin