Vista CNC pendant and PP - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Vista CNC pendant and PP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vista CNC pendant and PP

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Cost is one advantage of the current approach. The z-axis select button for my Tormach shuttle became very flaky and I was able to buy a ShuttleExpress on Amazon for less than Tormach's price and with free shipping. Of course a sealed pendant would have been even better!

That said, I would love a shuttle replacement with axis zero +axis display + sealed +... Didn't PENTEC have something working?
    Yea, but I haven't been happy with the integration, and nervous about the obsolescence with future PP versions. To be honest, I have been chipping away nightly on my Windows/Linuxcnc hybrid. Its what makes the most sense for my shop, and allows me to do things I could never accomplish in the PP environment with both software and hardware.

Pete

Trying with P1AS here. I have it installed on three other (non-tormach) machines.

I can add nothing to this except another installation failure.

Double click didn't work so I manually moved the files to the named directories.

My first attempt resulted in the computer going thorugh its start up and then stopping at the screen that says you can now power down your computer.

I paniced and carefully reversed everything I had done. The computer then booted normally again. I was able to unbreak my machine.

After reading this thread "make install" helped except that for some reason the make file did not have the full file name in mine. I corrected the file name and "make install" worked. I did the other edits, and got the same result listed above. The second time I just # commented out the HALFILE line in the .ini file.

I think the PathPilot install file and perhaps this thread are missing something. Neither does anything with either file in the driver directories. Is there a step I am missing that says copy driver file to...

I really want to go to a "conventional" pendant. I've used the Tormach relabled shuttle for several months now and I just DO NOT like it. I don't use all the functions on the P1AS, but I really like the smooth easy jogging it gives me in my hand while nose deep in the machine cabinet with my other machines. I've currently got three of them on Mach based machines and they work fine. Even the Chinese HB04 pendant is easier to use (it has its issues) than the Tormach pendant that has to sit on a shelf and has no display. Also if there is an easy way to switch it from jog to step I don't know what it is. I have to use the onscreen controls.

TORMACH IF YOUR ARE LISTENING, Some of us just don't like your shuttle thing. I bought one and paid the bribe. Now can I please have use of a real pendant.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I was in the same boat as you and ended up developing my own solution. I gave Tormach one of my pendants at IMTS a couple weeks ago while I checked out their new "controller" on the M series. Their current pendant is just a 4 axis rotary switch and an MPG. It's a start, but I hope they develop something better.

I was a little disappointed with their new controller they showed, even though I know it was still early in development. I think they could expand on it quite a bit on that without adding that much cost. It seemed like the mechanicals were there, but felt it could use more buttons and features to make it more of a controller. There was a lot of sheet metal that could be a home to the ever important buttons that most CNC machines usually have.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Pete is being modest. His pendent is the real deal!!!!!! I have three of the pendants and four of the Ninja knobs. Outstanding product!!!

moolightprototype.com is where I got mine.

Awall

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 on smokedivers comment.

Have Pete’s pendent as well and a great improvement over the jog wheel.

Cheers,
    Adrian

mooNlightprototype.com

I'm not a big fan of bubble switches, but otherwise it looks very nice.

Bob La Londe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ha anyone got the Vista CNC iMach P2s controller to work on Path Pilot 2.0.XX? Ive never been able to get this thing to work. Does not look like Vista CNC is supporting PathPilot 2.X

Downloads
    Uploads

So I too attempted to buy a P2S before reading this thread but I found this in the log file from Pathpilot after attempting to place the HAL file into tormach_mill_base.ini

Checking md5sum manifest for all config files in /home/operator/tmc/configs
    ./tormach_mill/tormach_mill_base.ini: FAILED

was this the correct place to put it? Or how do I change the manifest? I think I saw a manifest file somewhere..
    Also, the pendant was flashed to imach3 instead of linuxcnc. I'll see if anyone has some info before I start sending emails out. Yeah, I know, getting to be a 2 year old thread. But the pendants are still shipping..

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, that wasn't it. I deleted the line for tormach_mill_base.ini out of the manifest.txt and it still crashed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Getting closer.. Found this under the pathpilotlog.txt created when you record a log.

halcmd loadusr -Wn halui halui -ini /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini
    halcmd -i /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini -f vc_p2s_pp.hal
    vc_p2s_pp.hal:2: Warning: File contains DOS-style line endings.
    vc_p2s_pp.hal:14: Pin 'axis.0.jog-enable' does not exist
    HALCMD ini file /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini load failed with config file vc_p2s_pp.hal
    Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...

So I guess I've got to freshen up my programming..

Downloads
    Uploads

Were you able to figure out how to make the pendant work? I have been able to make about half of the features work, but can not get the jog step feature to work due to getting the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by diverge View Post
    Getting closer.. Found this under the pathpilotlog.txt created when you record a log.

halcmd loadusr -Wn halui halui -ini /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini
    halcmd -i /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini -f vc_p2s_pp.hal
    vc_p2s_pp.hal:2: Warning: File contains DOS-style line endings.
    vc_p2s_pp.hal:14: Pin 'axis.0.jog-enable' does not exist
    HALCMD ini file /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_mill/tormach_1100MX.ini load failed with config file vc_p2s_pp.hal
    Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...

So I guess I've got to freshen up my programming..

I never got my pendant to work with PP entirely. Fortunately I did not buy one to try it. I already had them on my Mach 3 based machines.

All is not lost. I have gotten quite used to the jog shuttle Tormach uses and have become comfortable with it. It still would not be my first choice, but it took little effort to get as fast with it as with a pendant. The relative velocity is very nice. Works better than with the VP and M3. And the instant access to step mode with the wheel is very nice. I leave my PCNC set to .0001 step mode, and I can touch off to my tool setter or kick out an edge finder very quickly.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

All the reasons above is why I am working on a hardwired solution that runs from HAL . as Long as PP uses a HAL I am good to go. There are some challenges though like there is no Mux function to use for selections. But the motion is supper smooth and very responsive so far. I don't need a mini control panel just a simple MPG jog functions and SSO and FRO that run from encoders so do setups with.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345