Need Help! Miller 2050 Spectrum CNC wire

Thread: Miller 2050 Spectrum CNC wire

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Miller 2050 Spectrum CNC wire

Hello,

I am using a Miller Spectrum 2050 plasma cutter with a Fireball Comet CNC router, but no plasma arc is being produced. Gas is still flowing, so that is not the cause of the problem. I discovered the Miller's CNC wire is broken, so I am trying to replace it. Problem is I do not think the Miller Spectrum 2050 manual says anything about the CNC controller. I do not know if the CNC controller also needs to be replaced. Any tips on how to test the Miller Spectrum 2050's CNC controller circuit board?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Miller 2050 Spectrum CNC wire

A few questions:
    Has it ever produced an arc, even just a pilot arc?
    Can you try the plasma cutter in a manual situation to eliminate the plasma cutter as the source of the problem? What I mean here is - can you connect a manual torch to the unit and first, just fire it in the air (Get a pilot arc). If that works, clamp the work lead to some plate and try and transfer an arc. If you are successful, then the issue isn't the plasma cutter.